VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tabletop C and P exam for Increase.. Please read

Rate this question

Austin

Question

Yesterday when reviewing my medical records I noticed an examiner did a C and P/DBQ addendum. Im currently 70 percent and submitted for an increase(12 months ago) and also filed for IU(2 months ago). I don't know what this nexus means and would like to know if the exam was for the IU or increase claim. This examiner did a table top review as I wasn't present for it. See below:

Please utilize this form when responding to VBA requests for either addendums    or clarifications of prior VHA examination reports.        This Veteran was seen for a C&P examination in December, 2017. At that time    it was felt that the most appropriate diagnosis was that of a mood disorder,    which was considered to be severe. At that time it was noted that the Veteran    had been able to complete a college degree.
    In July of this year the Veteran was admitted to inpatient treatment, which    he successfully completed, and he continued in treatment throught the    remainder of this year. Treatment notes reference some improvement in
    functioning, with the Veteran reporting boredom.
    At this point, given the available information, I believe it is as likely as    not that the Veteran's severe mood disorder would make it impossible for him    to maintain employment over an extended period of time. 
    Perhaps vocational rehabilitation, combined with his continuing in treatment    might make it possible for him to obtain and maintain employment at a later 

So my question is.. Does the nexus look favorable? What was this exam for(IU or my increase)? My increase is in front of the DRO and was filed in December of last year after my initial award. The IU claim was only filled a month or two ago. The C and P exam was done 15 days ago. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated 

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

The employer does not have to fill out the form, so there is that.  If it was an adversarial split, he can just keep round filing your request forever.

If I might ask, what would be the reason for termination, on line 14A.?

Good to know information if I fill in the future,

Thanks,

Hamslice

My previous employer never filled that form out when I was awarded IU, they wouldn't have if they had been around and they had changed names anyway, I don't think the VA even ever asked.  I just put no longer in existence or they won't fill it out.  They never asked.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Vetquest on the 70% rating.

However the degree of education should not hinder a rating of IU.

if the veteran has a bachelor degree..they look at the degree of his symptoms for MH Condition and not how high level of education he has.

Veterans can get a Master Degree and still be given IU  IF his S.C. Disability warrants  him unemployable .

Remember education and age is not suppose to stop a veteran from getting IU.

I don't have the Regulations #s on this but its in there.

It makes sense what good is a degree in education if you can't apply it because of your  S.C Disability???

This is exactly what happen to me.

Edited by Buck52