VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tabletop C and P exam for Increase.. Please read

Rate this question

Austin

Question

Yesterday when reviewing my medical records I noticed an examiner did a C and P/DBQ addendum. Im currently 70 percent and submitted for an increase(12 months ago) and also filed for IU(2 months ago). I don't know what this nexus means and would like to know if the exam was for the IU or increase claim. This examiner did a table top review as I wasn't present for it. See below:

Please utilize this form when responding to VBA requests for either addendums    or clarifications of prior VHA examination reports.        This Veteran was seen for a C&P examination in December, 2017. At that time    it was felt that the most appropriate diagnosis was that of a mood disorder,    which was considered to be severe. At that time it was noted that the Veteran    had been able to complete a college degree.
    In July of this year the Veteran was admitted to inpatient treatment, which    he successfully completed, and he continued in treatment throught the    remainder of this year. Treatment notes reference some improvement in
    functioning, with the Veteran reporting boredom.
    At this point, given the available information, I believe it is as likely as    not that the Veteran's severe mood disorder would make it impossible for him    to maintain employment over an extended period of time. 
    Perhaps vocational rehabilitation, combined with his continuing in treatment    might make it possible for him to obtain and maintain employment at a later 

So my question is.. Does the nexus look favorable? What was this exam for(IU or my increase)? My increase is in front of the DRO and was filed in December of last year after my initial award. The IU claim was only filled a month or two ago. The C and P exam was done 15 days ago. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated 

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Austin- I apologise if you read my initial post before I deleted it-

I did what I always accuse VA of doing to our evidence - I did read your posts too fast! I am sorry!

I deserve a piece of coal in my stocking!

You have a great claim.

North Little Rock current as of 2018:

Director       lisa.breun@va.gov

501-370-3700   phone

501-370-3831 (Fax)

( only one VSCM):

Tamelia Morrow  VSCM

501-370-3810

IRIS-go to https://www.va.gov/

Click on the Contact US thing to the upper right of the page, then click on Ask a question- I suggest to use the Complaint area- tell them what you told us about the 5103 and give them the alphanumeric initials in the date area of the last letter you received that mentioned the 5103 as enclosed,-that is the alpha initials of the last dope ( ooops) who handled your claim and did not attach it.Unless maybe they just put APPEALS in the re:.

Ask them for an email response-VA Central gets these complaints and they are supposed to act fast on them.

Yes-that is the form-but  I didnt use it-when they deliberately forgot to attach it to their letter to me-

because the form when it came - was for two separate issues.I still believe that is where a lot of problems began. 

I think the link from Rootbeer has my suggestions as to listing th evidence they have right on the 5103 and any additional evidence that goes with it.

I am still poed at what happened next-xxxx xxxxxx called me and said he had the form (the director's lackey VSO)

who should have attached it to the letter -I droppd a dime on them recently- regarding my current issues - that began with this claim.

One claim the 5103 was denied, then I cued it and they awarded less than one month later-

I have another CUE on it presently and on the other claim - awarded in 2015 ( about 5 CUE erros I stated)but in both cases their EED was wrong and their medical C & P examiner- in my opinion, was not even a doctor or anyone with medical expertise. 

I asked for C & P of the signed C & P and had to file a VACO complaint because they know I have been in touch with OAWB. Iris said they are "working on it"- it should be right in my c file-I know they dont want me to see it.

That  claim was awarded fast when I cued them - but still I want the C & P that denied it- this crap is happening to too many vets and probably other widows like me and they might accept a denial that is not based on any established medical evidence at all.

My evidence, which the decision said they had, on the denial, was from the Top CArdio doctor at VA Central.

How dare they try to mitigate that!

I actually believe that the VSO XXXX XXXXXX wrote the C & P exam.

I submitted my last peice of evidence. It is very strong. It’s feasibility letter from VA VRE  that coincides from my counselor(specializes in voc rehab). I was pretty stoked to receive this today. I will post it once it’s edited so y’all can review it