VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Question

Rate this question

Johhny_Drama

Question

I have a question on a rating question and how it would work backpay wise if you are awarded for a long overdue SC disability.

I have 2 disabilities that are considered service connected however 1 is rated at 0 and the other I am trying to obtain an increase on. At the time of appeal I was at 40 percent total rating. I am now at 70 percent however I plan on appealing the 2 again and this time I have several medical records including completed DMQs from the doctor and I pretty much followed what the BME was telling me. I was lacking enough information in order to get awarded so I made sure to do that that all said. Now as I plan on appealing and the total time is around 2 years or 2.5 years how will this all work? Basically IF they decided to finally rate me for the 2 or increase both disabilities would this go back to when I originally appealed? before I appealed? what rating will they look at? I am 70 now but was only rated 40 when it started (actually 20) but yea that is where i am confused. I heard they would treat this as the rating i had when i started this appeal and they would backpay from the 2 years or however many years. I just wanted  to know if anyone else has been in this situation.

Thank you all
!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question