VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back pay

Rate this question

Joyce Pinckney

Question

I checked eBenefits and it states that my SOC was mailed 12/17/18 and claim closed 12/19/18. I did get an increase in rating.  When will back pay be deposited?

Edited by Joyce Pinckney

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

keep an eye on your primary account that you have listed. It will just show up, probably within a week or so (depending on the amount- some amounts over X require more VA signatures to approve). You may want to notify your bank, too. Mine is really weird with me because I used to do a lot of things on paypal and in 1 year I had to change debit cards 2 times and accounts 1 time- so I don't use PP anymore. My bank scrutinizes incoming deposits on my account and will hold them if they are from a strange place, amount, or not when my usual deposit posts. Im glad for the scrutiny, but its a pain to buy groceries if they lock my account for some random incoming deposit until I verify it with them so I usually tell them ahead of time. 

In my last case when my claim closed, i recieved a deposit 3 business days later. If this is the case with u then I'll guess Wednesday u should receive that deposit. With that being said each case is different.

8 hours ago, Bluntly said:

In my last case when my claim closed, i recieved a deposit 3 business days later. If this is the case with u then I'll guess Wednesday u should receive that deposit. With that being said each case is different.

Thanks. It would be great if that happens.

Edited by Joyce Pinckney

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulation on your WIN Joyce. Merry Christmas to you and your Family.

and Welcome to Hadit

3 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

keep an eye on your primary account that you have listed. It will just show up, probably within a week or so (depending on the amount- some amounts over X require more VA signatures to approve). You may want to notify your bank, too. Mine is really weird with me because I used to do a lot of things on paypal and in 1 year I had to change debit cards 2 times and accounts 1 time- so I don't use PP anymore. My bank scrutinizes incoming deposits on my account and will hold them if they are from a strange place, amount, or not when my usual deposit posts. Im glad for the scrutiny, but its a pain to buy groceries if they lock my account for some random incoming deposit until I verify it with them so I usually tell them ahead of time. 

I will talk with my bank. I think it will take longer. My back pay is over $25k.