VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Shoulder C&P: 'Not ratable due to flare up' ???

Rate this question

Bunny448

Question

Hello HadIt community,

Just had a c&p for a claim for an increase to a previous 0% shoulder rating.  If it matters, it was a nurse practitioner and not a doc.  When we went through ROM I couldn't raise forward beyond 30* due to being in a current flare up, and she stopped the test right there as she stated 'I can't do a ROM test on you due to you being on a flare up'.  I asked if that meant I would have to come back later and she 'didn't think so.'

Now, it's possible this could be in my favor if written as 'severely limited ROM', but I was at about 30* and she stopped the c&p right there.

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so what was the outcome?

Thanks in advance!!!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

The exam can be done while you're having a flare up or not.  Its right in the DBQ questionnaire.  It asks the examiner if the Veteran is currently having a flare up.  Or not.

Having said that, I don't know how the rater reacts to those questions.  However, since its on the questionnaire, I am sure its scored either way or they would  have to have you back if it benefited you, the Veteran.  So, maybe there is a factor, etc.

I would think a flare up would benefit the Veteran.  It usually represents the disability at it's worse.

FWIW,

Hamslice