VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Curious if anyone with partial grant/partial remand has been paid?

Rate this question

Kelly Severance

Question

Over a year ago, when I began reading this forum, there was some speculation about those with the Status of a Partial Grant/Partial remand.  Some speculated that the grant must be worked first and the remand settled later......others said that their grant was NOT settled until their remand was settled.  Has ANYONE had their grant implemented and paid BEFORE their remand was settled?  Thanks for any input or expertise on this matter........

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The BVA granted for PTSD and remanded IU back to regional office, that was August 2018 and regional office granted 70% PTSD and remanded IU back to BVA November 2018.Money in account when case was closed and remand sent back to BVA.

Granted Sleep Apnea with a remand for increased IHD.  Sleep Apnea was granted almost 3 years ago and the remand for increased IHD was recently 1/2 granted and sent back to BVA because it was not what I had asked for.

3 hours ago, air1 said:

The BVA granted for PTSD and remanded IU back to regional office, that was August 2018 and regional office granted 70% PTSD and remanded IU back to BVA November 2018.Money in account when case was closed and remand sent back to BVA.

Thanks air1.  I've been following your case.  So the RO or AMC did the work on your remand, but could not grant it, so it was sent back to the BVA..........Once they did that, they paid you your PTSD grant.  Interesting. Thanks for your response!  

49 minutes ago, toddt said:

Granted Sleep Apnea with a remand for increased IHD.  Sleep Apnea was granted almost 3 years ago and the remand for increased IHD was recently 1/2 granted and sent back to BVA because it was not what I had asked for.

So you did actually get paid for your grant before they worked your remand....... Good to know.  Is your remand at an RO or at the AMC?

My grant for PTSD was rated at RO 70%,so they sent my IU remand back to the BVA,November 2018,My retro for 70% disability was in my account when they close case and sent  remand to BVA. BVA December 2018 granted 100% IU and its at RO waiting for retro pay.

Our case had a grant of 70% for PTSD and TDIU backdated to September 3,  2013 ( BVA decision dated December 7, 2018). We also had several other issues remanded back to RO. Will we see increase in pay and back pay for TDIU decision first or will the remand be worked before we see anything?  Just curious because I have seen SO many different answers!!