VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Curious if anyone with partial grant/partial remand has been paid?

Rate this question

Kelly Severance

Question

Over a year ago, when I began reading this forum, there was some speculation about those with the Status of a Partial Grant/Partial remand.  Some speculated that the grant must be worked first and the remand settled later......others said that their grant was NOT settled until their remand was settled.  Has ANYONE had their grant implemented and paid BEFORE their remand was settled?  Thanks for any input or expertise on this matter........

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

19 hours ago, Kelly Severance said:

So you did actually get paid for your grant before they worked your remand....... Good to know.  Is your remand at an RO or at the AMC?

Remand went back to the RO where it sat for several years.  I filed a petition for a Writ of Mandamus which was denied but it got the RO to act.  The RO granted an increase from 10%  to 30% but because it was not the full amount I had filed my NOD for the RO forwarded back to the BVA.

15 hours ago, veteranwife0523 said:

Our case had a grant of 70% for PTSD and TDIU backdated to September 3,  2013 ( BVA decision dated December 7, 2018). We also had several other issues remanded back to RO. Will we see increase in pay and back pay for TDIU decision first or will the remand be worked before we see anything?  Just curious because I have seen SO many different answers!! 

Vetranwife, That is exactly what I want to find out......my husband's appeal for increase in migraines was granted on March 7, 2018.  That grant has not been implemented yet (no increase in rating or retro).  We also had a remand for TDIU.  We were told that the remand is at the AMC.  We are almost at the 10 month mark since the grant.  The reply above from toddt..........he says his remand sat for several years until he filed a Writ of Mandamus.  That is so discouraging!  But he did get a payment for his grant prior to that.

15 minutes ago, toddt said:

Remand went back to the RO where it sat for several years.  I filed a petition for a Writ of Mandamus which was denied but it got the RO to act.  The RO granted an increase from 10%  to 30% but because it was not the full amount I had filed my NOD for the RO forwarded back to the BVA.

Thanks you toddt for your response.  Several years in remand is ridiculous!

4 hours ago, Kelly Severance said:

Vetranwife, That is exactly what I want to find out......my husband's appeal for increase in migraines was granted on March 7, 2018.  That grant has not been implemented yet (no increase in rating or retro).  We also had a remand for TDIU.  We were told that the remand is at the AMC.  We are almost at the 10 month mark since the grant.  The reply above from toddt..........he says his remand sat for several years until he filed a Writ of Mandamus.  That is so discouraging!  But he did get a payment for his grant prior to that.

Kelly,

We actually received a grant for an increase for MDD from 50% to 70% and TDIU backdated to September 2013. There were physical issues remanded back to the RO for further development. I'm just wondering if they will hold off on increasing his monthly pay to reflect the TDIU grant from the VBA as well as retro pay. I've heard so many different stories, from people who received a partial grant and remand like ours waiting for another year and then others who were in the same boat having movement in around 60 days...

I hope you see progress quickly!  I have also seen posts where the grant was implemented quickly, but I have not seen many that were implemented quickly that also had a remand.  I was hoping, just like you, that our grant and increased rating would be in the 1-2 month timeframe that is estimated on Vets.gov.  But again, they have not increased my husband's monthly compensation yet......and that was over 9 months ago.  But I have seen 3 posts recently where a grant was implemented fairly quickly.  I think it depends on the RO and how much backlog there is at that RO.