VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits

Rate this question

KC3

Question

Good morning; I did a search on here and the results were vague on my issue with ebenefits with regards to my RAMP appeal. Ebenefits says appeal closed. It also says there are no ratings on the disabilities. I have already prepared for the worst higher level reviewer  in Atlanta who reviewed my claim. Didn't take lay evidence into consideration. Also said the IMO must say review a certified copy of C file. It appears a solid review of SMR's and military history doesn't suffice anymore. Just another reason to deny IMHO. 

Anyhow, if the claim info is updated and the disabilities section says no ratings, does this mean a total denial?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Ok one does it show in your claims history, two is there a new listed disability on your disablity page. Do you have a vets.gov account you can sometimes get a better feel for what and where it is? That’s just a couple of hints also if a new claims opens up and says attorneys fees if you have one.

Here is what vets.gov tells me. It refers me to ebenefits and it says claim is closed. Disabilities says the same thing it always has "not rated for anything" which it has said since my initial denial in 2015.  Does it take a while for eben to update this portion? Historical claims has my RAMP claim listed. 

Thanks and Happy New Year! I hope this helps someone. 

Your claim decision is ready

We finished reviewing your claim on Dec. 21, 2018. We sent you a packet by U.S. mail that includes details of the decision on your claim. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your packet to arrive before contacting a VA call center. If you haven’t received the packet with the full details of your claim decision yet, you can see your rating by going to your disability page in eBenefits. Check your disability page in eBenefits for your rating.

Next steps

If you agree with your rating, you don’t need to do anything else.

If we decided that an issue you claimed wasn’t service connected, and you have new evidence that you haven’t submitted yet, you can ask VA to reopen your claim. Find out how to reopen your claim.

Has your condition gotten worse since you filed your claim? You can file a new claim for an increase in disability compensation.File for a VA disability increase.

If you disagree with the decision on your claim, you can file an appeal. Learn more about filing an appeal.

Are you enrolled in VA health care? If not, you can apply now.Apply for VA health care.

Well sadly I have seen this with me but 3 out of 4 times it was a denial. But it being the holidays and updates on Ebenefits isn’t so reliable I would say what to get the decision letter if you’ve waited longer then ten days since the notice has been sent make a Regional Office visit see if they can print you an official copy if that’s an option.