VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Financial Assistance for Vets

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Numerous times, there have been requests for financial assistance for Vets "waiting on their benefits".  In Ohio, financial assistance is available to Vets, here:  (through the county)

http://dvs.ohio.gov/main/county-veterans-service-offices.html  I can say that I was helped by them, in 2005, when I was "about to become homeless" waiting on VA to process my claim.  (Note:  I applied in 2002, and the VA decided I was seeking a zero percent rating...which they gave me, upon appeal.)  

However, there is financial assistance for "recently (within 3 years)" discharged Vets, available here:

http://mafa.operationhomefront.net/MafaQualify.aspx   Dont bother to apply if you dont meet the criteria listed here.   I HAVE NOT PERSONALLY USED this site, but it is apparently accredited by "Charity Watch".  I do not recommend Vets apply for assistance through many of the other charities, altho some are good many are simply scams.  

If other hadit members have gotten emergency financial assistance through their state, or other organizations, kindly post it below, to help other Vets.  Dont ever give some organization money to help you get money.  That is a bad idea on its face.  

Edited by broncovet

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet