VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Dental Care for 100%SC

Rate this question

PNC

Question

After successfully maneuvering through the VA C&P, I am now at 140% through a combination of multiple SC disabilities.  However, I am only paid at 90%.  I have a need for dentures and have inquired with the VA on my eligibility.  However, with the VA's strange math in compensation amounts, at 90% I am not eligible..  According to the Dental Clinic at the Saginaw, MI VA Hospital I am not entitled to dental care through the VA.  According to them, their interpretation is that a veteran must be receiving 100% in compensation or need dental treatment for a specific SC dental disability.  Typically, the policy is confusing.  And, civilian dental insurance requires you to pay into a plan for a year before you can use it for dentures. No need for a plan if I have no teeth.   Does anyone out there know the real deal?  Thought I heard last year that the VA was looking into VA Dental Care for all veterans.  FAKE NEWS I guess?

When I first went to the Dental Clinic at the Ann Arbor VA, the receptionist told me that I was  only listed as 90%,  She then looked further at my récord/file  and saw that I was listed as P&T.  

That is what made the difference for me. 

So then I was approved.  It is a long wait time at  the Ann Arbor VA.  I hope Saginaw is better.