VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Formally on the Docket

Rate this question

BuddyLoveAK

Question

Hi all,

I just received a letter from the VA stating my appeal is officially on the docket and that I have 90 days to submit any new evidence. Does this mean my appeal is close to a decision? The VA received my Form 9 in July 2017 and I did not opt into RAMP. Thanks for helping me figure this out!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Your appeal is probably very close to a decision.  If no remands are required, you will get up or down decisions on whatever you're claiming.  

In my case, I got a letter like yours back in June.  They made a decision on Aug. 7, except for two remanded (but minor) issues.  It's anybody's guess when all of it will be completely sorted out, but at any rate, I won.

Best of luck to you, it may be finished any time now!

Reminding you that, even if you won tommorrow, the VARO will still have to implement the board decision (which takes 1 to 6 months), yes you should be close.  If you win, you could see money by Fall, 2019.  

I received the same letter. It was dated 12/12/2018. My form 9 was received in May 2017. I requested Board review with no hearing. The letter states that you have 90 days OR until the board issues a decision to submit additional evidence. I read on another site where a guy was complaining because they issued a decision well before 90 days and he was upset because he didn't get his additional evidence in before the decision. I recently submitted evidence so i called BVA to make sure it was not too late and the lady assured me it wasn't. She said they are currently working Docket numbers from March 2017. That information is also on the BVA website. I figure i got at least another month or 3 to wait.