VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is there such thing as Blacklisted Doctors?

Rate this question

El Train

Question

Does the VA keep track of Doctors that do IME/IMO and blacklist them?  Is it even legal?  Just curious, because I had someone tell me they know who these Dr's. are and deny the claims.  Even with medical evidence. 

I don't see any difference between a VA Dr. writing C&P's in a way to be denied or low-balled vs hiring an outside Dr. who writes ratings that are inline with the ratings system put forth by the VA.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

You need "medical evidence" to support your claim.  This can come from a private physician or VA doc.  

VA has little or no accountability, and they are not talking as to whether or not they keep track of how many claimants are denied, and how many are awarded based on a particular docs c and p exams.  

This said, make no mistake.  The doctor knows "who" signs his paycheck and owes his loyalty to the guy who signs his paycheck.  If you want a doctors loyalty to you, then the answer is pretty simple, IMHO.  HIRE HIM AND PAY HIM.  Dont just go with a VA paid doc, where the VA has a financial incentive in providing you with a less than favorable medical exam. 

Its sort of like this:  If your neighbor sues you, do you want to ask HIS lawyer for legal advice, knowing he is paid by your opponent at law???  You should probably hire your own lawyer to represent your interests, rather than just accept your legal adversary to advise you.  

Now, of course, VA denies being our adversary at law, using terms like

"claimant friendly" and "non adversarial" when referencing VA laws.  However, if VA is so "claimant friendly/non adversarial", how come they have about 500 lawyers on staff to oppose Vets who have been denied benefits??  Further, when we hire our own attorney, why is it that Supreme court justice, Roberts, was "startled" when he found out that the VA takes a position "against the VEt" which is "substantially unjustified" more than 50 percent of the time???

Are the 500 lawyers all incompetent, or, are they being loyal to their employer by representing "his" interests above that of the claimant that VA pretends to be "serving"?  

I agree with Tbird..there is no proof, and Va will likely make sure there is no proof.  It would not be the first thing the VA has ever "covered up".  

Edited by broncovet

Many years ago the ROs-maybe it was just one ) had made some inapproprriate remarks about Dr. Bash.

When the General Counsel found out, action was taken.Dr. Bash was sent a very nice commendable letter of support from a former VA Secretary- I have a copy of it somewhere- thanking him for his exempliary service to veterans who need his help.

"I don't see any difference between a VA Dr. writing C&P's in a way to be denied or low-balled vs hiring an outside Dr. who writes ratings that are inline with the ratings system put forth by the VA."

There is a monumental difference in my opinion- one reason for that is an IMO/IME doctor will give your SMRS and medical records, VA and private, a far better reading than any of the VA doctors will do.

However, IMO/IME doctors as well as vet lawyers cannot perform miracles. They cannot supply a nexus that does not exist. And unlike some VA C & P doctors, they have a better comprehension of medical ethics and will not lie about the documented facts of the claim. 

Thank you.  Your responses give me hope.  I just got like 8 favorable IMO's from my Dr. of choice.  Went over all my medical records, gave a thorough medical evaluation and gave his assessment. 

I've seen this asked on another forum and the poster got skewered; threatened with removal for asking.  No it wasn't me.  I knew better.   👍

I'll stick with this forum.

I doubt that they are blacklisted, but rather, the rater would now know that they had better have their best read of the evidence before making a determination.

As bronco always states "evidence wins", and I believe as he also says, the VA docs have a reason to downplay your evidence, and your privately hired doc may be more inclined to lean forward in the foxhole and give the write up a little more flavor.

Two different doctors can look at the same x-rays, lab results and examinations and come up with two different diagnosis's.  Happens every day in the civilian world.  Two doctors told my wife she was going to die from CO2 concentration (I thing that's right), but the third doctors said, not only do you not have asthma for the last 18 years, but you have small airway disease and this new (non-steroid) inhaler with cure your symptoms.  Which it did.

So, keep digging,

Hamslice

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use