VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Submitting a NOD

Rate this question

Galen Rogers

Question

Howdy All,

I'm preparing to submit a NOD once I pull together the additional support items I need. My question is about how long are NODs taking now for the DRO review and either a concurrence or statement of the case to be accomplished?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:14 PM, Galen Rogers said:

Howdy All,

I'm preparing to submit a NOD once I pull together the additional support items I need. My question is about how long are NODs taking now for the DRO review and either a concurrence or statement of the case to be accomplished?

It's been a little more than two years since the VA has received my NOD for a DRO review.  I think the average is about 260 days or around 9 months but I believe it depends on the RO. I am out of Roanoke.

I started to get the impression that I'm failing myself so in September I decided to give them a monthly reminder.   I am hoping they read my statement when I call?

In October I went through the chat and was told it's in the final review but I didn't know what that meant until I called on December the 28th. Apparently, final review means I'm a liar because it hasn't been touched since it was received November 18, 2016. 🙄

According to the Chairman of the BOard of appeals report, it takes about 5 years from the time you file a NOD to completion of your appeal.  That is, of course, before RAMP.  You can read the chairmans report here:

https://www.bva.va.gov/Chairman_Annual_Rpts.asp

Year 2018 has not been completed yet.  

I can't give you an answer to your question but I can share my experience as each R.O is different. My DRO was submitted 17 months ago to the Montgomery,AL R.O in August of 2017. I called the R.O and was told the average process time was 314 days depending on the complexity of the case. I am at about 515 days and counting. The ramp program is an option but my lawyers advised me to stay in the legacy system. I wish you the best of luck and the strength to be patient.

I had submitted a NOD for a DRO review to the Roanoke, VA and after it had been pending about a year I opted for the RAMP and it was completed in about 5 months. Unfortunately it was denied, but the RAMP program was faster. I filed an appeal an on the denial an opted for RAMP so I am hoping it will be completed by March or April of this year.

I have also filed another NOD for a DRO review in October of last year and opted for RAMP and the system says I should receive a decision by the end of March.