VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Completion estimate on Ebenefits

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

So I’m confused why the put an estimated completion date on claims now but give it a window mine is 1/8 to 2/5? It has been my luck that the first date when missed puts a flag on my claim saying something is missed and claim moves again. But it’s like the dates mentioned are like there suspense dates on your claims with the expectations of ever completing them by the window. Anyone else with similar experiences to the ebenefits worm hole....

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I believe the completion date ranges are a algorithm based on computer inputs by anyone putting information into your VA claim online file.

And really doesn't mean anything in reality.

Mine was out 3 months at gathering evidence, 1 month at preparation and then 3 days out, and then the date of when complete.

I can't believe someone went into the computer and updated my 3 days out to the current date when the screen went to complete.  I am sure its a computer program and it automatically dates where your claim is at.

FWIW,

Hamslice

I think Hamslice is right, I have had similar experiences. But I must admit they are usually completed before the estimated dates. My VA office is in Roanoke VA and I am sure the office location matters a lot.

Same here I wish we’re able to figure out the algorithm they use. So to know what’s going to bounce claims backwards after months of preparation for a decision...

I dont recommend fretting or worrying about "changing dates" in ebenefits, unless you are a computer programmer responsible.  This is one of those things "you cant change" so you need to accept that.  

Of course not but I was told it’s a FDC and my 21-2680 is here so you can maybe guess my slim chances of an easy dent or grant?..

Edited by jfrei