• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Ad Free Subscription.jpgOne Time Financial Gift.jpg

Subscriptions and Gifts are NOT Tax Deductible. HadIt.com is NOT a Non Profit.

SEALVET-33

Phone calls from VA coordinators during claim process.

Question

Hello everyone. I am new here and had a question. I am in the process of a claim and I have been suffering with depression and PTSD for a long time since discharge. I am seriously amazed and saddened to know how the VA treats vets with all of these horrible strategies and tricks that give the VA reasons to reduce or deny a veteran benefits for their treatment, especially considering most of us cannot work and hold a job due to their conditions. 

Anyways, to make a long story short - I had two evaluations from different doctors, on top of the C & P they gave me.

I noticed after I submitted my evaluations from private doctors regarding my conditions on ebenfits, I was receiving calls from one of the coordinators at the VA I was going to regularly. I couldn't understand why the coordinator was so determined to get in touch with me, especially after I told them that I would like to be getting my treatment from an outside doctor from now on as I dont trust the VA anymore. But something tells me that the over the phone coordinator was trying to make a report (written) saying 'everything is ok with the Vet, and the vet is not having any problems in relation to his conditions he was suffering from now'... to lower or deny my claim..?? is that possible?? The VA would have to send me to another C & P exam to try and do that, right? I am unemployed and was staying at domicile before, but am staying with family for now. I really want treatment for my conditions and want to get better, but right now I cant work. I am worried that the coordinator made a report saying I am 'better' and the VA will disregard my recent evaluations from my doctors. Could they do that from over the phone and submit that to the VA during my claim process? 

If you have her name you can google her- or go to the main VA web site and see if she is listed in any way- at your specific VAMC.

The VA is hiring contractors there days who are not VA employees but yet they can treat veterans.

I actually wonder what a "co ordinator" does-I have been a hardcore VA clamant for many year and never heard of a coordinator- except for MST claims.

Ad

On 1/7/2019 at 8:48 PM, SEALVET-33 said:

Thank you for the welcome.  The comment isn't in my C & P. The c & P was done long ago. It was a phone call I recieved from a coordinator. She put a comment in my records and it seems as if she submitted it to the VA. And from how she put it and the words in my mouth, she makes it seem as if I am completely fine and dandy and I am not struggling with my situation. I didnt even finish with the claim yet.

Does anyone understand what I am talking about? I am not sure if she is a doctor, but she is a coordinator who I have been speaking with numerous times about how the condition has been effecting me. But my question was, and I would appreciate it if someone could help me, can they use short over the phone talks to put things in your record to deny or reduce a Veterans assistance for their treatment throught their claim while they are in the process?? doesnt seem like anyone udnerstands what I am asking. 

I apologize that I misunderstood what you were asking.

You are already rated, but you are concerned that the individual that kept calling you was going to put in your records that you were "ok"; and that your rating would be reduced, based on a telephone conversation. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

A reduction in disability over a phone conversation is not only wrong; it is UNLAWFUL.

If the VA wants to reduce your rating, you must be notified first via snail mail.

33 minutes ago, Berta said:

If you have her name you can google her- or go to the main VA web site and see if she is listed in any way- at your specific VAMC.

The VA is hiring contractors there days who are not VA employees but yet they can treat veterans.

I actually wonder what a "co ordinator" does-I have been a hardcore VA clamant for many year and never heard of a coordinator- except for MST claims.

Yeah, turns out she is a social worker. I made a mistake. Not a coordinator. It is abut my combat PTSD and depression. Thnak you for oyur help. 

4 minutes ago, doc25 said:

I apologize that I misunderstood what you were asking.

You are already rated, but you are concerned that the individual that kept calling you was going to put in your records that you were "ok"; and that your rating would be reduced, based on a telephone conversation. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

A reduction in disability over a phone conversation is not only wrong; it is UNLAWFUL.

If the VA wants to reduce your rating, you must be notified first via snail mail.

Yes, you are right. My claim was in the 'gathering of evidence' stage. And after I told the social worker that I would be looking into getting treatment outside, I noticed they were persistent in getting in touch with me. I called the VA several times to check the status of my claim and the dates went back about 4 months so I was wondering what was going on. They said they were requesting things from social workers. When I went into myhealthy vets to get my med info to show to my new doctor, I noticed the notes of the social worker how they put all kinds of stuff in there I didnt even say. After reading about many of the horror stories on here, and how they try to do anything and everything to lower a veterans rating or completely deny them from getting the assistance is horrible.  

15 minutes ago, SEALVET-33 said:

Yes, you are right. My claim was in the 'gathering of evidence' stage. And after I told the social worker that I would be looking into getting treatment outside, I noticed they were persistent in getting in touch with me. I called the VA several times to check the status of my claim and the dates went back about 4 months so I was wondering what was going on. They said they were requesting things from social workers. When I went into myhealthy vets to get my med info to show to my new doctor, I noticed the notes of the social worker how they put all kinds of stuff in there I didnt even say. After reading about many of the horror stories on here, and how they try to do anything and everything to lower a veterans rating or completely deny them from getting the assistance is horrible.  

As long as, you have your private treatment records, and the evidence shows that you have not improved or have worsened you should be good to go.

It helps if you are seen by a VA therapist/SW/Counselor but it is not necessary.

You're mistrust in the system is valid.