• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Ad Free Subscription.jpgOne Time Financial Gift.jpg

Subscriptions and Gifts are NOT Tax Deductible. HadIt.com is NOT a Non Profit.

SEALVET-33

Phone calls from VA coordinators during claim process.

Question

Hello everyone. I am new here and had a question. I am in the process of a claim and I have been suffering with depression and PTSD for a long time since discharge. I am seriously amazed and saddened to know how the VA treats vets with all of these horrible strategies and tricks that give the VA reasons to reduce or deny a veteran benefits for their treatment, especially considering most of us cannot work and hold a job due to their conditions. 

Anyways, to make a long story short - I had two evaluations from different doctors, on top of the C & P they gave me.

I noticed after I submitted my evaluations from private doctors regarding my conditions on ebenfits, I was receiving calls from one of the coordinators at the VA I was going to regularly. I couldn't understand why the coordinator was so determined to get in touch with me, especially after I told them that I would like to be getting my treatment from an outside doctor from now on as I dont trust the VA anymore. But something tells me that the over the phone coordinator was trying to make a report (written) saying 'everything is ok with the Vet, and the vet is not having any problems in relation to his conditions he was suffering from now'... to lower or deny my claim..?? is that possible?? The VA would have to send me to another C & P exam to try and do that, right? I am unemployed and was staying at domicile before, but am staying with family for now. I really want treatment for my conditions and want to get better, but right now I cant work. I am worried that the coordinator made a report saying I am 'better' and the VA will disregard my recent evaluations from my doctors. Could they do that from over the phone and submit that to the VA during my claim process? 

You might want to call the White House veterans Hot line-

1-855-948-2311

I called them with a complaint about 6 months ago- 2 months after the call I wondered why I didnt get any feedback from them- then within a few hours the Office of Accountability emailed me to call them. October 2018.

This past Monday I spoke to them again and yesterday I had to make 4-5 pdfs of more evidence they need.

It took hours to find it all- some regarding emails to and from VA  long ago, and FOIA requests and reponses.

My issues they are investigating  have nothing to do with the claims process but I also discussed the lousy C & P process with them and have Plenty of personal evidence  from the Buffalo VARO-My next complaint will be about that.

What bothers me about your situation is those phone calls.

My deceased husband ( 100% P & T SC PTSD) never, nor I as his widow, ever got any phone calls from the VA.

Until 3 years ago- I got 2 calls from the Director of my VARO and 2 calls from some VSO at the RO-

The director was attempting to intimidate me  -to believe something my claim was about -was not valid-

every piece of evidence they had on that issue ( confirmed by the VSO the week of these calls) had been ignored. And when I asked her to support her phone call with any VA regulation or medical evidence,she couldn't. I have  many CUEs pending on that whole thing. She tried to  get me to believe that somehow- 

my husand's 1151 stroke ( 100% SC P & T) was somehow cured when he died, and was not Permanent, yet all of the evidence they had and which I sent again said he was 100% P & T for the 1151 stroke and the autopsy revealed how it contributed to his death. Voc Rehab records, SSA records, a letter from a former VA secretary, the Agent Orange Settlement Fund letters, a VA doctors signature on a student loan waiver checking ogg his 100% P & T status for the stroke, and a C & P exam from a VA Neuro that all stated he was 100% P & T due to the stroke.  That is just some of the evidence I had sent to them.

You said:" It is abut my combat PTSD and depression. "

The odd thing is that this same VARO awarded my husband 100% P & T SC for his combat related PTSD.

Posthumous award.

I had to continue his claim when he died and they (VARO)gave me some crap but the claim was awarded posthumously anyhow ,and the Permanant status ( which makes every 100% Total disability become  Permanent at death) was never an issue at all.

Why wait for  what might be a potental denial-when you can get this straightened out now.

White House veteran's Hot Line

1-855-948-2311

Ad

I am calling them myself today- (WH Hot line)I believe I did mention the Director's phone calls to them- they might have a transcript of the call but my actually complaint was regarding something else...far more important than some RO director who does not know VA case law. 

But it is important to reveal how the VA treats widows of veteran.I have over 20 years of VARO evidence of that.

I cant be the sole widow they tried to crap on.