VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Timeline--- Where do I find the completed DBQ exam?

Rate this question

Lameduck

Question

First time poster! I just discovered had it and have been reading so much great information on here. I'm currently rated at 90% and have 5 pending claims.

I need three 20's and one 10 to get to 100%(pretty confident that I'll get there but, the VA is weird).

Here's the timeline on my open claim:

Initial Submission-- 12/13/2018

C&P Exam Date: 1/2/2019

Prep for Decision: 1/4/2019

It's moving a lot faster than expected. Not sure if the process will keep moving fast or, hit a brick wall. You never know with the VA

From what I've been reading, there is a way to access your DBQ exam online...can someone tell me how to do that? I've been looking everywhere and can't find it to save my life.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

if you already had your C&P dated 1-2-2019

if the VA did the exam  check with your release of medical records desk at your VAMC......>  you need to  wait After 3 days of the exam.

IF it was contracted out?...you may need to wait a few weeks for the process to get recording and put into your files.  you can check at the VBA( Veterans Benefit Administration) office  let the clerk know what you need,   you will be assign a VSO and you go back to their desk and he/she can look on the computer on that date of your C&P and if its in the computer they can make you one free copy.

I agree with Buck.  Unfortunately, since VA paid for that exam, they have control over it, and they dont always let you see that exam.  Often, like Buck posted, you can go to your ROI and get a copy.  

IT "should" move faster for an increase, as the VA "shouldnt" require you to re document your in service event and nexus leading to service connection.  You merely have to demonstrate a worsening of symptoms, in the event of an increase.  

Are you working??  If not, consider filing for TDIU, especially if sc conditions prevent you from SGE.  (working). 

Yes, I know there is controversy concerning tdiu vs 100 percent.  However, the difference in compensation between 90 percent and 100 percent "is not" 10 percent, like you would think.  A single Vet at 100 percent is 3057 while a single 90 percent vet is $1853.  For you to be earning 1853 and wanting to move to 3057, you would need an increase of over 60%, not 10 percent llike you would think.  You also get many additional benefits at 100 percent, most of which are also available to TDIU.  

7 hours ago, Buck52 said:

IF it was contracted out?

It was contracted out to a company called LHI...I'm assuming that it would be a waste of time to contact LHI and ask them to provide a copy? What do you think? Thanks for responding

5 hours ago, broncovet said:

I agree with Buck.  Unfortunately, since VA paid for that exam, they have control over it, and they dont always let you see that exam.  Often, like Buck posted, you can go to your ROI and get a copy.  

IT "should" move faster for an increase, as the VA "shouldnt" require you to re document your in service event and nexus leading to service connection.  You merely have to demonstrate a worsening of symptoms, in the event of an increase.  

Are you working??  If not, consider filing for TDIU, especially if sc conditions prevent you from SGE.  (working). 

Yes, I know there is controversy concerning tdiu vs 100 percent.  However, the difference in compensation between 90 percent and 100 percent "is not" 10 percent, like you would think.  A single Vet at 100 percent is 3057 while a single 90 percent vet is $1853.  For you to be earning 1853 and wanting to move to 3057, you would need an increase of over 60%, not 10 percent llike you would think.  You also get many additional benefits at 100 percent, most of which are also available to TDIU.  

Hopefully it does move faster. Four of the pending claims are increases, the other one is secondary.

I'm currently an independent contractor so, technically, I don't have a "real job". I work when I'm physically able to.

I'll start looking into the TDIU filing process. You're right 10 percent is definitely not 10 percent when it comes down to compensation. Thanks for responding

Edited by Lameduck

• HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, Lameduck said:

It was contracted out to a company called LHI...I'm assuming that it would be a waste of time to contact LHI and ask them to provide a copy? What do you think? Thanks for responding

wait a few weeks and go to your local VAMC @ the VBA (Veterans Benefits Administration) Office, Request a copy of your C&P Dated on**/**/**** You just go up to the window sign a FOIA and on this piece of paper  request a copy of your last C&P  contractor LHI, they should let a VSO see you back in his office,  he has access to the VBMS and can look on the computer for your C&P Exam.

Unless they stopped doing this for Veterans? ..I did this in 2014

Note: when you go up to the window and the Clerk ask  ''if they can help you''  just ask if you can see a VSO about your benefits, you don't need to tell them the reason why...this is what you ask the VSO.

• HadIt.com Elder

Also if you have the information or phone # or fax# for  LHI Contracting service for the VA..you can call them or fax them  request a copy of your C&P Exam done on this date,,,,as for as I know Veterans have that right  after all its your medical record.

LHI Should have sent you a packet of information about them and how they will conduct your C&P Exam ,time and location ,name of the examiner and his/her qualifications  ect,,,ect,, along LHI  Address and phone &Fax #'s

Information that you need.

Edited by Buck52