VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits and Vets.gov sites Question

Rate this question

GulfWarVett47

Question

Hi All,

My question today is...Has anyone had Ebennies and Vets.gov while in "with veteran law judge" shown issues remanded and granted and then when you got the BBE those issues that were remanded were actually GRANTED

More specifically has anyone experienced Ebennies and Vets.gov to say one thing and the BBE be completely different?

Thanks,

GulfVett47

70% Bipolar II, 30% Rt Ankle Tibial Tendon Dysfunction, 50% Sleep Apnea, 0% Rt Hip, 10% Scars

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Thank you for your great explanation as to why not to trust ebenennies or vets.gov.   Its also the reason why I dont like to answer questions that begin: "What does it mean when ebenefits says .....?"

It means nothing, and its useless to speculate on what ebenefits means.  Speculating on ebnefits, especially dates, is like speculating what you would do if you win the lottery, then get sucked into a sinkhole on the same day.  

I dont know why ebenefits is unreliable.  I also dont know why we can not trust a VA employee, nor can we trust a VSO, in many cases.  I do know those untrustworthy VA employees "have something to do" with unreliable ebenefits.  

The next time someone asks me to speculate on ebenefits, I may link them to this post.  

A "well earned" lack of trust permeates the VA.  I was told, for example, "not" to file a NOD to a zero percent rating, as I could "lose" service connection.  As far as I know, losing service connection at zero percent has never happened.  In fact, Im not sure any active hadit member has gotten a reduction in rating, in part, because long term hadit memebers know what to do in the event of a proposed reduction.  

Yes, I have received a proposed reduction, filed a response to it, and it was quickly quashed.  It was a proposed reduction of my dependents, no less!!!   I sent them proof I was listed on my dependendents birth certificates and that was that.  

Amazingly, I have sent them these same birth certificates no less than 5 times in 10 years!!!   EACH time, the VA succeeded in losing them.  And, I missed out on dependent benefits, too, because VA claimed I didnt send in proof within a year of the decision.  Is it any wonder why I dont trust the VA employees and VSO's??   On at least 2 occassions I sent the dependent forms through a VSO....the VSO showed me the previous VSO never sent in the dependent forms, as they were in my file.  

This is why I send important evidence certified mail return receipt requested to "refute" VA's presumtion of regularity.  You see, its presumed the vA does their job, and processes all our evidence received in a timely manner, and dont lose anything.  Its almost impossible to prove you sent in applicable evidence, UNLESS you have proof the VA received it, that is a signature on a certified mail receipt, when you kept a copy.  

I know that some folks have had trouble with or gotten faulty info from the ebennies and vets websites, but I have to say that, in my case, they've been 100% accurate.

I had an appeal with numerous issues that went to BVA.  The status was shown correctly.  When all but two items were granted on 8/7/188. with those two remanded, they were properly shown.

Since then, neither site has shown any movement whatsoever.  I'm afraid that is also accurate.