VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Always missing their deadline

jfrei

Question

But why is it when the VA says we will call you on Friday with our answer you start to laugh in your head. Wait that’s what they told me and my wife so my wife calls at the end of the day and leaves a VM, to see if we had any news. The coordinator was nice and said to both of us we should most definitely should be getting help I just hate when they tell you a date and always miss it every time it’s sad but expected....

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Dates with the VA are definitely not speed dating.  It took ten years for the VA to finalize my claim and I am now waiting on a DRO about an EED.  When my claim is finally finished I will have to find something else to test my patience or I will feel lost.  Where else in life can I find people who are so unfeeling and slow. 🙂

So I imagine the DRO would be a good speedy method for an EED claim but if the retro is a large amount won’t they still just deny it? Just asking bc that sounds like a good way to appeal EED

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think we can appeal the lateness of our retro? you can check the status if it seems to be way late... if the retro is the wrong amount you can appeal that...

Question to you jfrie

Are you filing most of these claims based off your TBI? and the secondaries

that  TBI can have? or do you have separated conditions related to your military service?

I have a TBI Veteran I am helping with his claim  and he is only S.C. 40% and was denied on an increase, so were checking with the Dr to see if any of his symptoms can be related to  in part caused by his TBI ???  I think he can get some secondaries ??  

Note: I am very unfamiliar with TBI Claims???...these type claims is horse with a different color.

Edited by Buck52

Yes I am most due to my cognitive impairment and having no short term memory with lapses and blackouts all being evaluated by the VA. I’m 100 p and t based on the residuals alone and my secondary migraines are at 50 with lightheadedness and dizziness at 30% also I find out to day if I was accepted into the caregiver program as I have been in my Vas polytrauma program for 2 years...which isn’t a requirement but it helps to have all my treatment records for the director to look at...

Edited by jfrei

My issue was I got tired off fighting with the Va saying My ptsd and tbi should be separate. I lost this battle instead the va hospital sees 100% ptsd and the VA disablity says it’s my residuals of a tbi with ptsd. I get mad at the hospital when my records don’t even show my sTBI but I’m p and t so not sure I cant complain and have no idea what I’d be fighting for 

Well I’ll get my answer tomorrow from the Caregiver program about my application and my aid and attendance claim is still in preparation for a decision filed way before I submitted my claim for the caregiver...