VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New BVA Chairmans report for 2018 is out.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

It has information about RAMP in it.  

https://www.bva.va.gov/Chairman_Annual_Rpts.asp

It says, if you add up the numbers, it now takes 1718 days, on average, to complete a BVA appeal plus an additional 467 days "remand time factor", for a total of 2185 days.  That is almost 6 years.  

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

The chairmans report, FOR COMPENSATION claims shows:

1.  36.2% are allowed.

2.  39.18% are remanded.  (Oh goody, you get to wait 6 more years to appeal the remand!)

3.  20.11% are denied.  

As far as representation goes,

Worst is WWP (Wounded Warriors Project) where 25.9% of their claimants are denied.  

Best is Attorney represent claimants, where just 13.9 percent are denied.  Your chances are about double when you are attorney represented.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

This proves the VA is really good at making veterans wait and very bad at getting decisions right the first time

Vync said:

"This proves the VA is really good at making veterans wait and very bad at getting decisions right the first time"

You bet- I do not understand why the VA has allowed VAROs to get away with incompetence.

For DECADES!  And the VA knows what VAROs have the worse rate of  denials that are overturned either by the BVA, or by the claimant themsleves,probably with a costly IMO/IME.- the first time, for most- that someone ( a real doctor independent of the VA ) actually reads ALL of their evidence.

A Remand is technically a "re do "of what the VA should have done in the first place, in most claims.

Actually I do know why the ROs get away with it- a denial is a fast way not to consider all of the evidence.

And there is absolutely no acountability for VAROs to do their job right in the first place.

I told VA via IRIS that if I do not receive a copy of a specific signed C & P I got some time ago- by today Jan 15th, I will contact the OAWB about it tomorrow.

I dont care if I get it or not however, I have my complaint prepared based on the SOC rendition.

I won that claim in less than one month under CUE- because they had my sole piece of evidence to award it.

It was an IMO done in 1998 by a VACO Cardiologist, who still works at the VA.The veteran is deeased so those finding from this VACO doc are still as viable today as they were when she did the IMO for the General COunsel for my FTCA award.

I asked here if anyone here is willng to contact OAWB on thee lusy C & P exams...so far one vet said they would-I need to find that post-

Not only does the GAO know about this crap, Congress knows, and NVLSP knows, but one thing I know too-

Nothing will be done about this until Vets themselves make a stink.

The man handling an investgation on another seperate matter, due to my WH Hot line call months ago- was shocked as to what one of my C & P exams said- I am sending it to him tomorrow-

I have 2 main issues going at OAWB-and  the evidence I have for the initial issue is  overwhelming-I have been collecting it for over 15 years and neither Congress, nor the OGC would do anything about it.

Finally someone is looking into it. I cant be here much. This all takes a lot of time and fortunately I have access to almost all of my past PCs,

John 999 said:

"If the VA can make a vet wait long enough the vet has a tendency to die!"

And many do ,just like my husand did, wth 2 claims pending.

VA is counting on your survivors to not have a clue on DIC and VA hopes they get a POA who does not have a clue either.None of mine did. I did far better with my claims as a survivor when I rescinded my POAs.

Edited by Berta