VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P question

Rate this question

dapilgrim

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The best way is to get a copy of your C&P and see what she said.  You can request one at your release of information office.  If you believed she fudged the report you can get an IMO but that costs money.  One thing not to do is to say the doctor fudged your report, that will look poorly on you.  I know that is not how the system is supposed to work but that is the way things shake out.  Sometimes if the doctor does a poor C&P you can request another on the grounds that it was done poorly and did not include everything.

Good luck and keep us posted.

If any vet believes a C & P doctor lied or misrepresented the medical facts in a C & P they should file a complaint via IRIS, and /or call the White House Hot Line. The VA did both in my case, regarding many posthunmous C & P exams they did- on my husband , who could not speak for himself- because he was dead.

I fought back aggressively and only needed IMOs for one of my many claims.

I am waiting for a C & P exam now- and will send it to the OAWB. 

I had to file an IRIS complaint-to get i- if I ever do get it-

Otherwise I will send OAWB the SOC, which states what the 'examiner 'said....whch is medical ridiculous based on the evidence they had.

Also the same VARO in my case, manipulated the wording an actual C & P exam  and eliminated the last 6-7 words- which were probative to the claim.  When I raised hell with the examiner, he sent me the actual exam he did and he was horrified to learn of the evidence the RO withheld from him.He said his opinion would have been far different.

Try to get another C & P exam.  Via IRiS or Via the White House Hot Line.

Otherwise you sure might need to get a costly IMO/IME.

1-855-948-2311

SealVet,  I can understand your feeling this way about C&P's.  I once said at a C&P that people who run or ride bikes make me angry.  The examiner said "well I rode my bike today, how does that make you feel?"  I have had a neurologist accuse me of malingering.   No it is not right and it is a disservice to veterans who have sacrificed to their country.  Here we can understand what you are going through and give our best advice. 

I was once left on a gurney at the VA emergency room hallway for four hours before I was seen.  I suffer autonomic migraines due to an injury and was ignored.  But if you are feeling anxious or angry try to get some help, especially if you might have PTSD.  Untreated it can ruin your life.  Try to get in to be seen for all of your SC issues, it makes it easier in the long run.  I am not a wordsmith but there will be some others here that are much more eloquent to help.