• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Ad Free Subscription.jpgOne Time Financial Gift.jpg

Subscriptions and Gifts are NOT Tax Deductible. HadIt.com is NOT a Non Profit.

dapilgrim

C&P question

Question

What steps do i take if  a Doctor lies on my C&P...  The results have not come back in  but she stated thingsthat she wrote on my chart for the C&P but she did not do them. They were fudged

4 answers to this question

The best way is to get a copy of your C&P and see what she said.  You can request one at your release of information office.  If you believed she fudged the report you can get an IMO but that costs money.  One thing not to do is to say the doctor fudged your report, that will look poorly on you.  I know that is not how the system is supposed to work but that is the way things shake out.  Sometimes if the doctor does a poor C&P you can request another on the grounds that it was done poorly and did not include everything.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Ad

9 hours ago, vetquest said:

The best way is to get a copy of your C&P and see what she said.  You can request one at your release of information office.  If you believed she fudged the report you can get an IMO but that costs money.  One thing not to do is to say the doctor fudged your report, that will look poorly on you.  I know that is not how the system is supposed to work but that is the way things shake out.  Sometimes if the doctor does a poor C&P you can request another on the grounds that it was done poorly and did not include everything.

Is it just me or does it seem they do these exams crappy exams 'poorly' just to push back for time...? no telling when the next exam would be after requesting because of the fudged one. I remember my C & P doctor wrote in her report that I was rude to her and that I demanded she repeat back what she wrote - that was a lie knife straight out of hell in my back. What I did ask her was if everyhting was ok, because I noticed she wasn't paying attention to what I was saying, and she was looking at some notes on the side of her desk when I was talking, and it seemed she wasn't paying attention as she typed. but she obviously used that to put that in the report. that was when I was like damn. she would probably much rather assist illegals coming into our country i guess. So I went out and found a private doctor afterwards. its really scary what they do. but i shouldnt have been surprised. they treated me the same when I was homeless on the streets of L.A. dealing with my conditions on my own. Good luck.

Edited by SEALVET-33

If any vet believes a C & P doctor lied or misrepresented the medical facts in a C & P they should file a complaint via IRIS, and /or call the White House Hot Line. The VA did both in my case, regarding many posthunmous C & P exams they did- on my husband , who could not speak for himself- because he was dead.

I fought back aggressively and only needed IMOs for one of my many claims.

I am waiting for a C & P exam now- and will send it to the OAWB. 

I had to file an IRIS complaint-to get i- if I ever do get it-

Otherwise I will send OAWB the SOC, which states what the 'examiner 'said....whch is medical ridiculous based on the evidence they had.

Also the same VARO in my case, manipulated the wording an actual C & P exam  and eliminated the last 6-7 words- which were probative to the claim.  When I raised hell with the examiner, he sent me the actual exam he did and he was horrified to learn of the evidence the RO withheld from him.He said his opinion would have been far different.

Try to get another C & P exam.  Via IRiS or Via the White House Hot Line.

Otherwise you sure might need to get a costly IMO/IME.

1-855-948-2311

SealVet,  I can understand your feeling this way about C&P's.  I once said at a C&P that people who run or ride bikes make me angry.  The examiner said "well I rode my bike today, how does that make you feel?"  I have had a neurologist accuse me of malingering.   No it is not right and it is a disservice to veterans who have sacrificed to their country.  Here we can understand what you are going through and give our best advice. 

I was once left on a gurney at the VA emergency room hallway for four hours before I was seen.  I suffer autonomic migraines due to an injury and was ignored.  But if you are feeling anxious or angry try to get some help, especially if you might have PTSD.  Untreated it can ruin your life.  Try to get in to be seen for all of your SC issues, it makes it easier in the long run.  I am not a wordsmith but there will be some others here that are much more eloquent to help.