VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Attorney Fees Claim? Ebenefits

Rate this question

Johnson3877

Question

Hi all!

I’ve finally been granted service connection for my condition at the BVA level. A couple issues got remanded. I am wondering when I will receive benefits. As I am seeing a claim for attorney fees now in ebenefits.

Last time I seen anything resembling an attorney fee’s was Mar. 23, 2018 and I got my first VA check Apr. 2, 2018. So I am hoping it’s kind of soon. And good news to see.

No update on percentage.

Can anyone relate a time frame? It’s supposed to be expedited.

Can’t really give a guess as we all have had this if we won are appeal or claim. It’s the step to process your attorney cut of your retro it took my claim at the time 10 days but I had a hardship flagged on my claim so I cannot guess your time. You can try calling the the 1800 to see what’s the hold up or even go as far as going to your RO and asking in person either one will get you a more accurate guess.

The VA has a different defination of "expidited" than everyone else.  Just like they have a diffent defination of "math" and their is called "VA math".  In VA math, 90% plus 40% equals 90%..that is VA math.  

"Expidited" to VA means:  "When VA gets around to it, in a few days, weeks, months, years or never..what ever is convient for them, except when it comes to VA executives paychecks.  When there is a glitch there its expidited, and correct by next payday in 2 weeks or else someone is in deep do-do" . 

Before you will get paid from a VA award, you have to have a VARO decision to "implement" the board decision.  I think the Chairman of the BVA said the average "remand" factor was 467 days.  Read it yourself:

https://www.bva.va.gov/Chairman_Annual_Rpts.asp

Can you imagine calling Amazon and ask them where your package is (which you paid "expidited shipping" costs for).  And then they tell you, "oh, your Christmas package should be there by Christmas 2021..as they arrive in 467 days (about 1 year and 3 months).  That's our "expidited shipping".  You shouldnt have asked for expidited..your economy shipping would have gotten your package in a week to 10 days.  

VA defines expidited as 467 days.  (1 year 3 months and 12 days) . 

Yes I filed for service connection within a year of discharge and have been battling this for 6+ years.

My file is also flagged for hardship.

—Thanks jefri. I have found the following online after hundreds of calls to the RO. 

https://vetsbenefits.net/disabilities-claimed-attorney-fee-new-t178357.html

Was told today at the 1000 number to have notification any day now. 

I think they have my file flagged as "hardhead".  I love the Amazon analogy though. That's about right.  It's like contacting a Congressman or Senator thinking that it will "light a fire" under the local VARO.  Instead they pull your file, look at it, then stick it way back down at the bottom.  Guess it's all electronic nowadays, or supposed to be, but they seem to pull you from line for those reviews, then stick you way back in the line.

I'm wondering if they do the hardship stuff the same way.  You would think that a veteran that has a terminal illness, is elderly or homeless would at least be bumped forward a little.

Good luck and keep on fighting!

Mark

MarklnTexas, that has always been my experience with the VA.  The VA writes a letter that says you are being afforded all of your rights and it ends there, especially when they give them a note that you are unstable.  They appear to punish you for speaking to a Congressman or Senator, who actually really does not give a hoot whether your file gets straightened out in the first place.  I once had a congressman's vets service officer that was really on the ball and my case moved along well, until he did not get re-elected.  The new congressman's vet rep told me that it was not his job.

Edited by vetquest

• HadIt.com Elder

vetquest  you should have told that new congressman  that its not your job to vote for him but you did  &  btw  thanks a lot xxxxxxx.