VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just awarded 80%

Rate this topic

Wanderer

19 hours ago, Ddsr said:

You are on your way brother. Now you might consider filing for TDIU. Get evaluated from Voc Rehab and if you are truly TDIU they will deny you into VR. This will be helpful proof as you can get the VR Counselor to write you a feasibility letter. Submit that with your TDIU claim. You also should highly consider filing for SSDI. Good Luck.

I am definitely on my way. It's wonderfully surprising. I've been chuckling to myself for three days now. Kudos for the detailed advice for IU, I will do that.

Voc Rehab already turned me down once because I was too confused to work or study (is that what you mean by 'deny you into VR'?). But, lately, I've been feeling very clearheaded, so I may be able to try again. I'd love to get a degree in economics to add to my writing experience.

I have had SSDI for a year now. The two together at 80% is a huge amount. I have wondered if the SSDI may end as my symptoms improve in say a couple years.

11 hours ago, Navy04 said:

As far as the 300k as long as it it valid back pay you should not have to sue.

...they did not have to do anything other then wait about 6 months each while the VA was doing a Financial Audit on their selves for accuracy. .

Wow, seriously? Do I need to do any paperwork? Or call them to see if they are actually doing such?

Good to know, about Medicare. I'll have that in a year.

59 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I am definitely on my way. It's wonderfully surprising. I've been chuckling to myself for three days now. Kudos for the detailed advice for IU, I will do that.

Voc Rehab already turned me down once because I was too confused to work or study (is that what you mean by 'deny you into VR'?). But, lately, I've been feeling very clearheaded, so I may be able to try again. I'd love to get a degree in economics to add to my writing experience.

I have had SSDI for a year now. The two together at 80% is a huge amount. I have wondered if the SSDI may end as my symptoms improve in say a couple years.

Too bad you did not get a letter stating you could not continue Voc Rehab. That letter would have got you IU. That is big money with the SSDI. I have both. I am Total and Permanent IU. I will never be able to hold a job due to my Mental Health. I graduated from Voc Rehab with Bachelor's Degree and cannot use it. Upon graduation it was determined I could not maintain employment. Good Luck.

5 minutes ago, Ddsr said:

Too bad you did not get a letter stating you could not continue Voc Rehab. That letter would have got you IU. That is big money with the SSDI. I have both. I am Total and Permanent IU. I will never be able to hold a job due to my Mental Health. I graduated from Voc Rehab with Bachelor's Degree and cannot use it. Upon graduation it was determined I could not maintain employment. Good Luck.

I believe I did get such a letter. Wow. It's here somewhere. I'll find it tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

I believe I did get such a letter. Wow. It's here somewhere. I'll find it tomorrow.

How old is the letter? They will not accept the letter if it is not recent. Dam that letter was Gold. Upon receiving that letter it was the ticket to submitting for IU and submitting the VR Letter along with the claim. You would have been getting IU for sometime already. 

12 minutes ago, Ddsr said:

How old is the letter? 

I think it was last May. I believe it has a chance of furthering my IU cause. Can't hurt to try.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use