VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Granted Appeals and Remand

Rate this question

Jamezam

Question

My question is this, will the VARO implement the grant of service connection for headaches and award my increased rating and an earlier effective date first (which the judge stated to the RO) or will the VARO address my TDIU claim and the grants together? Which came first the chicken or the egg? Also, what is the shortest and longest time I can expect for grants and TDIU award/denial. I was just approved fully-favorable for SSDI in October 2018, so hopefully TDIU will be awarded as well. Thanks fellow Veterans...

The BVA Judge stated "Take [the] necessary action to implement the grant of service connection for headaches and the award of increased rating and earlier effective date for a dorsolumbar spine disability, as above." "After completion of the above, adjudicate the issue of entitlement to TDIU. If the benefit sought remains denied, furnish a supplemental statement of the case and then return the appeal to the Board, if otherwise in order."

Edited by Jamezam
Update to images

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with vetquest  ..keep fighting them  never quit

Edited by Buck52

It also seems they are very racist and discriminatory on who they SC and want to help. I have been homeless and am on the verge of becoming homeless again. I have had extreme difficulty getting and keeping a job due to my conditions since being discharged, but yet they denied me 10 years ago. And even now, they are trying to find loopholes and putting words in my mouth in my file. I have seen all kinds of craziness they want to fund and help from hoodlums on drugs to funding gender reassignment treatment. Beyond my understanding. God help our country.

<<<There is no such thing as a "financial hardship" or "hardship" claim or any other shortcut around the backlog for initial or reopened claims. Despite widespreadmisinformation, there is little, if anything, that a veteran can do to "speed up" his or her initial or reopened claim at the regional office level. This does not mean that some raters will not take such circumstances into consideration if they know the claimant's situation. But because severe financial circumstances, a terminal illness, or other hardships do not qualify a claimant for any special treatment, a claimant cannot demand such treatment. The only exception is for the claims of veterans that are or on the verge of becoming homeless. In such cases, the Secretary has directed expedited treatment of claims. Even this action is not a legal requirement, only a VA internal priority.>>>>

Ah, you know so little, Padewan. I have been doing this for 30 years. Indeed, there are many ways an attorney or agent can expedite these things, be they original or increases. Maybe not CUEs but I've even gotten them expedited. You can too if you know the words t o use. VA has a cold heart but they have regulations. Or we can call Jesse at Channel 7 and have him bring the camera crew to the hospital.

My last for R 1 began with the POA on June 5th, 18. The RO in Montana denied the LOU of the lower extremities July 15th. I asked for, and got, the next travel board hearing available on 9/18 here in Seattle. Hell, in fact, I got three Travel boards in front of Crawford on the 18th, 19th and 20th-all with advancement on the docket for terminal illness or medical exigency.  I flew one Vet over (Fort Harrison doesn't do Travel Board hearings). VLJ Cherry Crawford issued the BVA win ten days later (9/28). The DRO in Ft. Harrison picked it off VACOLS for me on 10/04/18 and I got the A&A and the R1 on 10 /23. Now let's not hear any more of this 'can't get it expedited' crap. This is my specialty. Ask Mr. Gustad or Cory. I've done homeless claims in Seattle and the DRO or the Director always expedites them. Hell, Pritz probably has me on his speed dial. It's not good to disseminate untrue statements. Vets might believe you. There are many reasons you can ask for advancement of a claim.  

In fact, Vets from here on Hadit come to me with really big problems like needing A&A or the higher ratings frequently. You just need course knowledge. 

Edited by asknod

On 2/2/2019 at 1:42 PM, SEALVET-33 said:

It also seems they are very racist and discriminatory on who they SC and want to help. I have been homeless and am on the verge of becoming homeless again. I have had extreme difficulty getting and keeping a job due to my conditions since being discharged, but yet they denied me 10 years ago. And even now, they are trying to find loopholes and putting words in my mouth in my file. I have seen all kinds of craziness they want to fund and help from hoodlums on drugs to funding gender reassignment treatment. Beyond my understanding. God help our country.

no (*& they do want to fund the crazy b.s. with the nuts wanting things sown on and wacked off, but screw the rest of us with the left overs.... sorry, couldn't help,, so many years of the b.s. from these  so called good people at the VARO's.