• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Galen Rogers

RETRO PAY

Question

hello all. Most of my recent claims were approved with the effective date set at 29 Dec 2017. They bumped me up from 40% to 90%. I am a retiree so my VA comp was an off-set from my retirement check. Now I get concurrent. DFAS shows a special payment coming in a couple days of reimbursement for my retirement pay back 10 months (minus tax). Is there any where we can look to see what the actual VA comp retro pay is? DFAS shows nothing on it.

5 answers to this question

There are a couple of ways to try, but not all will work.  Go to your payment in Ebenefits.  You can also try PEGGY.  Try you regional office as they should know the correct amount.  More than likely you are going to have to just wait it out for them to pay you.  

The best way is to check your bank balance.  When it arrives, the bank will post the amount.  Or, you can try figuring it out from the offical decision.  (no, not ebenefits).  

Thanks All. I just looked in "Vets.gov" where open claims are now listed. It shows I have one for the "AEW" retro pay. The origination date was 26 Jan 2019 and they have started reviewing it as of today. Some info is better than no info. 🙂

12 hours ago, Galen Rogers said:

Thanks All. I just looked in "Vets.gov" where open claims are now listed. It shows I have one for the "AEW" retro pay. The origination date was 26 Jan 2019 and they have started reviewing it as of today. Some info is better than no info. 🙂

Good luck to you and I hope it is the amount you thought you were getting!

My claim decision came with a detailed description of what should have been paid and what was withheld. DFAS already paid me my retired back pay. Hopefully I will know for sure in a few weeks.

• Like 1