VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

RETRO PAY

Rate this question

Galen Rogers

Question

hello all. Most of my recent claims were approved with the effective date set at 29 Dec 2017. They bumped me up from 40% to 90%. I am a retiree so my VA comp was an off-set from my retirement check. Now I get concurrent. DFAS shows a special payment coming in a couple days of reimbursement for my retirement pay back 10 months (minus tax). Is there any where we can look to see what the actual VA comp retro pay is? DFAS shows nothing on it.

5 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator

There are a couple of ways to try, but not all will work.  Go to your payment in Ebenefits.  You can also try PEGGY.  Try you regional office as they should know the correct amount.  More than likely you are going to have to just wait it out for them to pay you.  

Thanks All. I just looked in "Vets.gov" where open claims are now listed. It shows I have one for the "AEW" retro pay. The origination date was 26 Jan 2019 and they have started reviewing it as of today. Some info is better than no info. 🙂

• Lead Moderator
12 hours ago, Galen Rogers said:

Thanks All. I just looked in "Vets.gov" where open claims are now listed. It shows I have one for the "AEW" retro pay. The origination date was 26 Jan 2019 and they have started reviewing it as of today. Some info is better than no info. 🙂

Good luck to you and I hope it is the amount you thought you were getting!