VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

eBenefits moved to VA.GOV

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

Did any view the new web site yet? I noticed that all my information is missing on ebenefits and says it was moved over to VA.GOV so I checked my documentation for my claims and they are missing all it shows is I filed a claim on Nov 15th 2018 but when you look under status or files all of my medical documentation I submitted for my total knee replacement and the C&P exam are not there it looks like I have never submitted anything. Has anyone looked at the new site now since the VA transferred everything over to the new site? Mine now says All Active Claims Have Moved To VA.GOV

Edited by Rhodesia

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

7 hours ago, 11cvolley said:

I don't even take the #800 at their word. Make sure you ask them to check the recent notes. When I called about the rest of my backpay the lady assured me that I already got it last year and there was nothing pending. I asked her to check the notes and she comes back with, 'oh, yeah. They're working on correcting your backpay. Anything you owe will come out of blah blah blah.'  She ASSumed I got overpaid. I've told them in the past when it would take 30+ minutes to get someone on the phone, 'do you think I call you, listen to your crappy music, just to hear the BS scripted response I can get from E-BEN in less than a minute? Check your notes.'

I never put to much faith in the VSO's to help some may be good and some not. I'm still waiting for my 100% temp pay after my 2nd total knee replacement service connected since June of 2018 I already received a 0% rating for my 15 inch and 1/2 inch wide scar from the knee surgery and here I was hoping to get at least 10% rating when you look under the CFR for it but I guess rules are changing. 

46 minutes ago, Rhodesia said:

I never put to much faith in the VSO's to help some may be good and some not. I'm still waiting for my 100% temp pay after my 2nd total knee replacement service connected since June of 2018 I already received a 0% rating for my 15 inch and 1/2 inch wide scar from the knee surgery and here I was hoping to get at least 10% rating when you look under the CFR for it but I guess rules are changing. 

After my experience with two VSO after I got out. I'll never trust them again. I've only had success with a va lawyer. The most help I received from a va employee on filing for ptsd and ssdi was from a resource lady in the ptsd clinic. Nicest person I ever met at the VA. She was way more helpful than any VSO that ever 'helped' me.  I give the lady credit for my initial 70% rating for ptsd. She helped me file out forms and get everything together and that wasn't even her job. Same can be said about these veteran forums. I've came across some really messed up forums. Then I found a nice lady named Susan and she told me about this forum. 

47 minutes ago, 11cvolley said:

After my experience with two VSO after I got out. I'll never trust them again. I've only had success with a va lawyer. The most help I received from a va employee on filing for ptsd and ssdi was from a resource lady in the ptsd clinic. Nicest person I ever met at the VA. She was way more helpful than any VSO that ever 'helped' me.  I give the lady credit for my initial 70% rating for ptsd. She helped me file out forms and get everything together and that wasn't even her job. Same can be said about these veteran forums. I've came across some really messed up forums. Then I found a nice lady named Susan and she told me about this forum. 

Yea I can relate I worked for the VA then retired I have seen allot of bad things how the VA treats us Combat veterans and as employees as well, there are some good VA employees that will go out of their way to help but I also have seen them get in trouble for doing so. As a retired VA police Officer I have been on standbys where the C&P doctor is telling the veteran he is being denied and the Veteran goes ballistic, most people don't know this but the VA doctors that are contracted by the VA try to denies a veterans claims, they use the term "In the best interest of the Government" or "If it is not documented, it did not happen"  after I got out of the Marines I joined the French Foreign Legion for 5 year enlistment then came back and re-enlisted back in the Marine Corps. The VA always trys to say that I'm trying to claim my injury's when I was in foreign service but but when I show them my French medical records it's all in French, and I was never injured or try to claim such a thing. I have a copy in English but I like to see their faces when they try to make heads or tails of it too funny.  anyway I have had two female VSO's for my claims in the past so not much luck but maybe this last one I have will go the extra mile she seems she wants to help. As for help on the forums I was told this was the best one for help and questions most of the others that I have been on while reading their claims it's mostly while veterans are still in the military waiting to be medical discharged with a disability rating and some have over 20 years in and they get mad because if they are a retire and get less than 50% in VA disability they lose their military retirement pay, so they try to at least get 50% or more in order to retain their full military retirement who ever came up with that ruling should be spanked. The VA gives you a choice either take the VA disability pay non taxed or take your military retirement which is taxed because you can't have both.

On 1/23/2019 at 12:41 PM, toddt said:

Looks like they are moving everything to VA.gov.  They sure have mine screwed up.  I'll give them a couple of days then try calling Peggy.

here is what I just received from an inquiry I made in my missing Documents and current claim, I guess the VA is having problems transferring eBenefits over to VA.Gov I'm missing my C&P exam from QTC that is contracted by the VA they don't keep copies because it's all done by interfacing with the VA servers, So I did get paid for travel so they can't say I never showed up for the C&P exam. it's just that my C&P exam is missing got to love this paperless society.

Recently you requested assistance from VA. Below is our response.

If you wish to reopen this issue, you may do so within the next 14 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Response By Email (Dept of Veterans Affairs) (01/31/2019 05:28 PM)

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated January 23, 2019.

Thank you for your service to our country.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. We are currently experiencing a large volume of inquiries due to missing claims and are working as quickly as possible to respond to each in a timely manner.

It may take some time to transfer all records and ongoing claims as eBenefits migrates to VA.gov, for your claims and appeals to be visible in this system. For technical support, please call 844-698-2311, as they will be in a better position to assist you with this issue.

It may be beneficial for you to contact your Veteran Service Organization (VSO). VSOs are not part of VA. VSOs are recognized national and state organizations that help Veterans and their dependents and survivors with their claims. These services are provided without charge.

VSOs can help you with questions about your claim. They can also act on your behalf regarding your claim with VA. A review of our electronic records indicates that your current VSO is Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs. You may also contact them to assist with questions about filing your claim.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

J. Billington
National IRIS Response Center Manager
rs2

How to Contact VA:

Online:
www.va.gov
www.ebenefits.va.gov

By phone:
(800) 827-1000
(844) MyVA311 (698-2311)
Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) 711