VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC possibilities 21-2680

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Not sure if this will be enough for L but I’m curious to thoughts? Since apparently my doctors are getting upset I have to bring in my children since I can’t afford daycare for them in my Poly trauma treatment at the VA hospital.Im ok with what he put on the form it’s accurate so I am not going for anything higher then L just the extra money would help just to go to my appointments childless to actually start getting progress...

Edited by jfrei

4 answers to this question

I don't think you qualify for aid and attendance. Your best bet is SMC S with a 100% + 60% rating. 

The exception for A&A is you're a danger to yourself or others,  which is not documented on the form. 

You should apply for the VHA caregiver program also.

Edited by MrStryker
Caregiver program

I do get SMC S now...I don’t understand why it says you only need one of those things like I can perpare cold meals as I forget and leave oven on which I have for days before to count as a danger to myself along with my needing medication management because missing my meds is a danger to myself..also not noticing my ssn was on the top of the paper didn’t help me

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

Jfrei

you may need to see a qualified Dr about your memory problems  or ask your PCP for a referral, gather up a medical paper trail so-to-speak'' and use that as medical evidence to help substantiate your A&A Claim 

if you have one Dr saying you can prepare a meal and not qualified for A&A  then you need to get another Dr to dispute that....> go into detail about   lack of memory/like leaving the oven on and burners going...> as you could burn down your house with you & your family in it.  ect,,,,ect,,,

Guess this rule only applies to appealed SMC claims? The RO is probably complacent to their own rules that the BVA has to oversee 9122796A-6C24-48C8-9E31-95C7FA6945C7.thumb.jpeg.0f812da56523dfeab49a17225d6ac26d.jpeg

Edited by jfrei