VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Requests SSA for med evid used in disab dec

Rate this question

NFLFan1980

Question

I just saw a Request 2 from the VA in which they need medical information from SSA from my disability decision. I find this kind of laughable considering it was the SSA that used info from the VA to deny my claim which is now under appeal and waiting for a hearing. I still don't know why I was denied since the SSA letter states dates from documents that don't match any documents that I have or am aware of.

Should I visit the SSA office and ask for any and all records used to determine my case so that I can upload them into va.gov? I read that it can take a long time for the VA to receive anything from SSA.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, NFLFan1980 said:

I just saw a Request 2 from the VA in which they need medical information from SSA from my disability decision. I find this kind of laughable considering it was the SSA that used info from the VA to deny my claim which is now under appeal and waiting for a hearing. I still don't know why I was denied since the SSA letter states dates from documents that don't match any documents that I have or am aware of.

Should I visit the SSA office and ask for any and all records used to determine my case so that I can upload them into va.gov? I read that it can take a long time for the VA to receive anything from SSA.

Anything helps but the best proof is to get a Vocational Expert Opinion.

On 1/23/2019 at 4:11 PM, Ddsr said:

Anything helps but the best proof is to get a Vocational Expert Opinion.

I'll have to go and get one done.

So I looked at my C&P info and it has me down for major depressive and also TBI (which is not service connected yet) however it stats that it is hard to correlate symptoms to one or the other:

"Due to the overlap of symptoms, it is not possible to differentiate the relative contribution of each disorder on the Vet's functioning, without resorting to speculation"

Does that hurt my claim at all? I know i'm depressed, I know I got major cognitive problems and problems remember. I have to dig up my service records to find my TBI info but as it stands now I wonder if considering the above statement if that would effect my claim?

1 hour ago, NFLFan1980 said:

I'll have to go and get one done.

So I looked at my C&P info and it has me down for major depressive and also TBI (which is not service connected yet) however itstats that it is hard to correlate symptoms to one or the other:

"Due to the overlap of symptoms, it is not possible to differentiate the relative contribution of each disorder on the Vet's functioning, without resorting to speculation"

Does that hurt my claim at all? I know i'm depressed, I know I got major cognitive problems and problems remember. I have to dig up my service records to find my TBI info but as it stands now I wonder if considering the above statement if that would effect my claim?

If you are 80% get that Voc Rehab eval done asap. If truly IU the VR Counselor will deny you into the program. If they deny ask for that in writing. Submit that with IU claim. Do not worry about anything else just get that letter.

I think I got 100% TDIU P&T. My claim closed and I checked tonight and it had a commissary letter saying I was being paid at 100% and no future exams needed. My benefits letter has the 100% rate but my rating still at 70%. I feel pretty relieved at this point as I worried this would drag out. I really want to thank the people on this board. I don't know my butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to this but this forum is invaluable. Needless to say i'm pretty numb.