VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Partial bva grant implementation

Rate this question

hume0351

Question

Has anyone had a bva partial grant implemented yet within the last year. May 1st I had a partial grant for my left shoulder and my PTSD remanded. September I was told I was rated at 20 percent for shoulder with retro going back to Jan 2012 by my rep. Peggy even slipped up once and told me my rating, just pending authorization. That was in Oct. Anyone else in the same boat? I haven't had any implementation st all. Nov 28 I received a letter stating my RO has started on my remand. I'm hoping they aren't going to finish my remand before paying me anything.

BVA granted me TDIU and SMC (s) on 8/7/18.  I did receive a letter from BVA the next week, but that's it.  They remanded two minor issues that will have no effect on what I will be paid.  Even if they deny those two things, I'll still be 100% TDIU and SMC (s). 

I did receive a letter from BVA the next week, but that's it.  Once they sent it back to the VARO or ARC, it's been crickets.

Peggy told me that they're supposed to complete the remands, then send everything back to the BVA.  I told her that actually, they're supposed to begin paying the new ratings while they deal with the remand separately.

She just said "Okay, thank you for sharing that information with me.  Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

I must be getting better, instead of chewing her out, I just said "No" and ended the call.

What aggravates me more than anything is at this point there is no way to keep up with the stages of your claim. Peggy will give different answers depending on who you talk too. Some will try to be helpful and answer more than their supposed too. Why are they not allowed to say Hey, a rater is making a decision or has made a decision and waiting for authorization. Instead it's being worked on with no timeline. Obviously they have the information in front of them, or some wouldn't be able to volunteer more info than others. 

I also sent in an Iris, about two weeks ago.  Never got an answer.  Perhaps because they could not find it.  When you call Peggy push for answers if it does not sound right.  How long do I wait to check on inquiry #.  Sent to Ro Electronically.  I think hubbys iu and ckd claims were lost at the intake center.    I’m going to call next week again,  if I do not get answers I’m calling the hot line and our congressman.  I’ve come to the conclusion they are just jacking with all of us.

VA's favorite tactic Deny, delay, delay.  Are you working on this claim with a lawyer?  Mine threatened to file a writ of mandamus that stated that my BVA remand was supposed to be worked expeditiously and low and behold it was finished within a month.  If you are not working with a lawyer Bertha I believe has some information about a writ of mandamus if I am correct.  

I'll look into a writ of mandamus and bring it up with my rep. Then go from there. Thanks for the info vetquest.

Always wondered if the VARO's took those Fast Letters seriously at the operational level, or if the rating employees just hung them up on a bulletin board somewhere and forgot about them...…...along with all of the other regulations that they are supposed to adhere to.

Mark