• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
hume0351

Partial bva grant implementation

Question

Has anyone had a bva partial grant implemented yet within the last year. May 1st I had a partial grant for my left shoulder and my PTSD remanded. September I was told I was rated at 20 percent for shoulder with retro going back to Jan 2012 by my rep. Peggy even slipped up once and told me my rating, just pending authorization. That was in Oct. Anyone else in the same boat? I haven't had any implementation st all. Nov 28 I received a letter stating my RO has started on my remand. I'm hoping they aren't going to finish my remand before paying me anything.

• Like 2

I'll look into a writ of mandamus and bring it up with my rep. Then go from there. Thanks for the info vetquest.

Always wondered if the VARO's took those Fast Letters seriously at the operational level, or if the rating employees just hung them up on a bulletin board somewhere and forgot about them...…...along with all of the other regulations that they are supposed to adhere to.

Mark

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:37 PM, hume0351 said:

Has anyone had a bva partial grant implemented yet within the last year. May 1st I had a partial grant for my left shoulder and my PTSD remanded. September I was told I was rated at 20 percent for shoulder with retro going back to Jan 2012 by my rep. Peggy even slipped up once and told me my rating, just pending authorization. That was in Oct. Anyone else in the same boat? I haven't had any implementation st all. Nov 28 I received a letter stating my RO has started on my remand. I'm hoping they aren't going to finish my remand before paying me anything.

Welcome to the Remand boat.  My BVA award for scarring at 30% has been awarded and has passed the 120 day window as my VSO told me and said it has been with the RO since October.  I have heard every excuse on why they have not done it and I have sent the Fast Letter and I am almost sure they just laugh at it.  We are both at the 7 of 17 month wait for the remand to get started and completed.  As of right now with this change I am pretty sure it will come with the Remand.  You know the awesome thing about my remand is all they want is and update from my offsite therapist and a new physical exam of Dercum's disease.  I already got the update for the therapist and sent the release in.  As for the disease it is a progressive disease and will only get worse, and they have access to my medical records and can see my 3-4 surgeries a year.  

So now a 1+ year wait for someone to fax my updated therapist records and 20 minutes with a doctor to see I have hundreds of lumps under my skin and have had 130+ removed.  

Sorry for the rant, just got to keep bugging everyone and maybe get lucky while still facing the reality it will be a year or 2.  I will update if there is any change.  Keep up the good fight!

• Like 3

Finally!! Ebenefits shows my new ratings and my letter has been mailed. Should have retro very soon... hopefully.

• Like 2

That's awesome.