VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Saw my SVO about IU form

Rate this question

Wanderer

Question

In my decision letter, they mentioned UI was deferred because I have not submitted the proper form (is that an indication it's sorta pre-approved?). So, I went to my SVO for help to fill it out but she gave me the forms for my past employers. Said to have the HR departments of my 7 jobs fill them out and mail them to me. 
Is this standard operating procedure?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you dont fill out and send in the required form, you wont be considered for TDIU.  No, it does not mean its "pre approved".  To my knowledge there is no such thing as "pre approved".  

You must meet every single criteria, including character of discharge, all documentation, diagnosis, nexus, and in service event, plus you have to sign the forms and submit any information VA requires.  

Send in the applicable forms, or expect to be denied. 

Sounds like it is standard then, thanks.

I just don't trust what some of these SVO staffers say and do. The way they act sometimes it's like they're just making shit up. Like the day US Treasury garnished a third of my monthly income, just after leaving a homeless shelter, this SVO bird had me fill out some stray document, which was completely ignored. The next week she was canned. 

Ok, she also said it would be best if I contacted or went to each HR department of the 7 jobs I've had the past 5 years. I suppose the motivation for an HR staffer to fill them out may not be too high. So, a visit could help.

• HadIt.com Elder

I did not get a half dozen forms from past employers.  What TDIU really means is that presently you are not able to sustain gainful employment solely due to your SC disability.  This is what your doctor should say in his report.  Perhaps the VA has made getting TDIU harder but if I had to get form from my past 7 employers I would have been screwed.  I had a long time employer and I was getting SSDI and disability retirement so that should have been enough.  I still had to appeal to get TDIU which pissed me off no end.  Most of what the VA says is just BS.  Better to get your info right here.  Your do need to submit the TDIU form.

6 hours ago, john999 said:

I did not get a half dozen forms from past employers.  What TDIU really means is that presently you are not able to sustain gainful employment solely due to your SC disability.  This is what your doctor should say in his report.  Perhaps the VA has made getting TDIU harder but if I had to get form from my past 7 employers I would have been screwed.  I had a long time employer and I was getting SSDI and disability retirement so that should have been enough.  I still had to appeal to get TDIU which pissed me off no end.  Most of what the VA says is just BS.  Better to get your info right here.  Your do need to submit the TDIU form.

Thank you. I sensed horseshit, like a snipe hunt, or disgronifier. 

I would still get your last employer to submit the form requested.  My employer also submitted a letter on my behalf and that carried weight when my TDIU was finally approved at the BVA.  It was mentioned in the BVA decision.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes,  get the last employer to submit the form requested.  If they don't or there is a delay file the TDIU form ASAP.   Did your last employer fire you for cause or did your resign?  I think you want a good idea what your last employer is going to say.   They could really screw you over if they don't say the right thing.  Employers might be cautious about what they admit since if they say they fired you because of your disabilities they know they could be sued at the EEOC.  In my case I took disability retirement because I worked for the feds.  I knew what they were going to say since it was part of a lawsuit I filed against the employer.   They had to be nice or the settlement would have back fired on them.  If your employer said you were let go because you were drunk on duty or did not show up for work on time this could hurt you.   I would want to see what they are going to send to the VA.  Better nothing at all than something bad such as " John Doe came to work high on drugs".