VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How would VA combine a 100, 10, 10 percents disabilities..?

Rate this question

msh789

Question

I am thinking the vet would get 100% regardless..? 

I know they combine all the disabilities, and do some kind of "VA math"..and average it all out somehow..so how much would the 'average' be if the veteran qualified for 3 disabilities that were 100%, 10%, and another 10%..? Or, if the vet gets one 100%, then the other (2) 10% disabilities are then disregarded..?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Things change when veterans reach the 100% as for as VA Math, you won't get any $$ for the 2 -10% until you reach another 50% or 5 more ten percents .

They do it this way to make it hard on the Veteran to meet the SMC Criteria.

Normally a 100% veteran can get the SMC S H.B. with another separate 60% rating for a s.c. disability, some times veteran can do that by filing secondary claims to his/her already 100% disability,  SO IF YOU GET ANY MORE PERCENTS JUST KEEP ON GOING UNTIL YOU GET THE 50% COMBINED  THEN THAT WILL MEET THE SMC S Criteria.

TYBuck52. I guess my question is, what is the combined total for these (3) ratings..? Does it take him under the 100%..? If the vet has no desire to file again, what is this combined total rating..? IE, also, what would the vet be paid with this rating..?  

• HadIt.com Elder

Total combined ratings would be 120% but it stops at the 100%  for compensation purposes until a higher increase is warranted on the service connected disability  or another separate condition rated 60% or higher.

Unless this veteran is rated for IU W/P&T?

Edited by Buck52