VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU question

Rate this question

Izzycw

Question

Good morning. I have a question that may or may not have been asked before. I left my job in December of 2017 due to MDD and severe anxiety. I applied for TDIU in July. I got a part time job in August but quit because of anxiety. Due to having little money for food or mortgage, I took two more part time jobs after that, one for 3 months. I was approved for TDIU this month, retroactive to September 2018 when I left my first part time job. The question I have is: will the part time jobs I had until recently negatively affect my rating of TDIU?  I really need this since I have serious breakdowns in public situations. Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

No.  Since you are already TDIU, you will have to send in an annual form detailing how much you made that year.  

"Substatial Gainful Employment" is defined as the amount of poverty level, which varies with your number of dependents, but starts around 10,000 per year or so.  

• HadIt.com Elder

You don't need to worry about this until next year  if they found out you were working after you was granted the TDIU   is a bad thing,  they will check with the IRS NEXT year to find out   they may not reduced you  but before IU and after IU  working is a no no period.

I think now it says on the 21-4140-1 that only need to send in the questioner if your working.   if you do work you need to send in this form   but as I understand it now  IU Veterans are not required to send in this form anymore if there not working.