VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Awarded for Schizophrenia - Vietnam Service Connected!

Rate this topic

VietnamVetSis

After a long battle, my Marine Vietnam Vet brother has been awarded 100% service connection for schizophrenia.   The VA has denied this claim since originally filed in 1982.  Even though he had schizophrenic episodes and subsequent hospitalization - it was well past his discharge date of 1971 -- thus no service connection in the eyes of the VA.  (Discharged because he tripped over a grenade booby trap and was WIA, I might add).  Now 48 years later, the VA has approved the claim.   It has been denied at least twice, and I filed a Notice of Disagreement, and was fortunate to include an IMO from a very knowledgeable doctor who is a former C&P Examiner.   No doubt this is what turned the tide.  I happened to luck upon the Doctor on this HAD IT site!   I also converted the processing of the NOD to the new RAMP process - instead of waiting years on end for a final decision.  Thank you HAD IT and all the members here that have given me guidance through the years in getting my brother the benefits he earned!   

WOW! I remember this claim. This is fantastic News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing is impossible!     

• HadIt.com Elder

Great News   Happy for your brother.

• 2 months later...

It might be the same doctor who is a member here:

https://community.hadit.com/topic/66816-ptsd-denied-nsc-schizophrenia-nsc/page/3/

or perhaps he gave VietnamVet's Sis another doctor to prepare an IMO/IME.

Can you get your brother's permission to scan and attach his denial here?

Or can he join us?

It is easy to scan and attach documents here. Cover his name, address, C file # prior to scanning and attaching it.

We need to see the Rationale for their denial and the Evidence list they used.

Does he receive SSDI for Schizophrenia?

Does he have copies of his complete SMRs and 201 (military personnel file)?

Does he get continuous medical care for his disability?

Does his treatment come from a private doctor ( who might be willing to prepare an IMO/IMO) or from the VA?

Nothing is impossible!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use