VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Awarded for Schizophrenia - Vietnam Service Connected!

Rate this topic

VietnamVetSis

• HadIt.com Elder

The only thing better would be to get retro for all those past years of denials considering he filed his claim in 1982.  If a vet or his helper does not know the formula for winning an increase you can be frustrated for years and years.   I would never have gotten my P&T without using a couple of IMO doctors that were willing to stick their necks out for me.  These doctors are retired now.   Many doctors will not give you the ^%%$# of their &^^% if you ask them to just say that it is as likely as not that your condition is service connected and that you meet 70%-100% requirement.  No VA doctor will do that I ever knew.

Did your brother have schizophrenic episodes while in the service?  When I was in the army you really had to be determined and troubled to even see a shrink.  To get a decent rating for something like schizophrenia without indecent delays you probably must be hospitalized and discharged for it.

Hi.. Thank you for your reply...  I will scan his denial letter like you said.. Yes he is in current treatment.. Continued treatment always in the VA.  In and out of the hospital..  Yes John.. You are right.. The va will not give a letter..  And they say he never complained while in service.  That's their reason.   Also.. Is it possible to get retro pay from a previous claim error from years ago?  Thanks all..

Yes, its possible to get retro pay from years ago!!  Mostly you have to fight for it.  

(Im fighting my effective date, right now.  Im at the CAVC and have hired an attorney, Chris Attig.  Since Im at the CAVC, I wont have to pay attorney fees, as they will be paid by EAJA).   

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations to you and your brother!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use