VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA announces access standards for health care

• HadIt.com Elder

You ever notice when you approach a VA clerk they usually don't look up at you.  You have to stand there until they finish talking to their girl or boy friend on the phone.  I am not saying that private doctor's offices don't have rude clerks but the VA is in a world of their own.  Don't be nasty to them because they will cause you more trouble than a doctor.  I never get mean with the clerks because they can lose your paperwork.

On 1/31/2019 at 6:28 PM, john999 said:

You ever notice when you approach a VA clerk they usually don't look up at you.  You have to stand there until they finish talking to their girl or boy friend on the phone.  I am not saying that private doctor's offices don't have rude clerks but the VA is in a world of their own.  Don't be nasty to them because they will cause you more trouble than a doctor.  I never get mean with the clerks because they can lose your paperwork.

I had a clerk playing a game on her phone while I stood there with my walker for over 10 minutes, I finally walked across the building to another clerk and asked him to check me in and told him why.  He has been working there forever and remembers me and he just shook his head and said he took care of me.  I told my clinical pharmacist about it later and she said they have been giving that guy a hard time lately.  The best clerk they have, he always treats every veteran with kindness and they give HIM a hard time?   disgraceful.

On 1/30/2019 at 5:39 PM, broncovet said:

average drive times" are, well, "made up".  Im sure they did not really "average out" Vets drive time, but rather guessed

They can get software app's that tell them this info. Google Maps can do it, easy to plot a route and estimate times.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use