VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The VA 21-4140-1

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I know this has been debated on here but do veterans on TDIU P&T  with a combined rating at 90% using the extra scheduler  cfr 38 4.16 (b) Do I Still need to fill this form out every year  including 2019?

Reason I as  I was TDIU P&T for about 12/13 years concurrent AND Then filed for PTSD Claim and recieved 70% and was booted up to SMC S  H.B. and a final 100% degree in my rating. 

Ans some say we don't need to send it in.....if we do send it in what address? do we send to Our R.O.  Or the va claims intake center in cheeseville?

However,on e benefits and  the explanation of benefits letter  it don't mention IU any where, just that I am permanent and total and 100% with SMS -S &K

HERE IS WHAT IT SAYS AT THE TOP OF THE FORM 21-4140

IMPORTANT: You are receiving compensation at the 100 percent rate based on being unable to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation as a result of your service-connected disabilities. Section I needs to be completed in order to identify the person filling out the form. If you were self-employed or employed by others, including the Department of Veterans Affairs, at any time during the past 12 months, complete Section II of this form. If you have not been employed during the past 12 months, complete Section III of this form.

I am getting to old some comprehension maybe out of order..I get confused some times.  

Thanks Everyone!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

You do not need to send it in anymore. Apparently they will send one if you are identified via SSA match as having earned income. Thank you for your service!!

• HadIt.com Elder

It says this on the bottom of the form!

''RESPONDENT BURDEN: We need this information to determine continued eligibility to compensation at the 100 percent rate based on individual unemployability (38 CFR 4.16). Title 38, United States Code, allows us to ask for this information. We estimate that you will need an average of 5 minutes to review the instructions, find the information, and complete this form. VA cannot conduct or sponsor a collection of information unless a valid OMB control number is displayed. You are not required to respond to a collection of information if this number is not displayed. Valid OMB control numbers can be located on the OMB Internet Page at www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAMain. If desired, you can call 1-800-827-1000 to get information on where to send comments or suggestions about this form.''

so since I was granted TDIU P&T USING THE REGULATION  CFR 38 4.16 (b)  I DO NEED to send it in.

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is a pdf  link copy of the VA 21-4140-1 Employment Questioner!

https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-4140-ARE.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes vetquest  that's what most  of us do  send in close to your Award anniversary  date.

I am sending mine to my R.O. With return sign receipt   last couple times I sent it to the claims intake center..,they may think its a claim...but there suppose to go on and send it to the Veterans   R.O.  so I'm sending it to my R.O.  It goes into your C-file.

I hope if we don't need to send it in anymore  they will send us a letter  but until we get that letter  we better send it in  just to be safe.