VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

6 Months Since BVA Grants, Hearing.... Crickets.

Rate this question

acesup

Question

Just checking in to report the latest action on my claim;  here's what's apparently happening... __________________________________"NOTHING"_______________________________________.!  Next Thursday will be 6 months to the day since the ruling.  

On August 7, 2018, BVA granted me TDIU and SMC (s) retro to 2009.  There are two minor remands that have no effect whatsoever on the TDIU and SMC.  As of today, l still am currently at my old rating of 70%.  I did get a BVA Decision Letter back in August, but I'm hearing nothing from the VARO or ARC that are supposed to be promulgating my claim.  Checked with Peggy again last week, I honestly don't know why they employ people to answer those phones and not be of any assistance.  VA could save a lot of cash if they'd simply say "No claims information will be given today, please shut up and go away".  

I've refrained from calling the White House Hotline, figuring that I'll just be wasting time, but maybe I'll call it next week.   I'm not doing without anything, but nevertheless, I guess my patience is starting to wear thin.  End of rant, I feel better already.  

Edited by acesup

4 answers to this question

@acesup My DRO appeal was granted on July 31, 2018 and dates back to 2016. I am in the same boat. The congressional inquiry put in on my behalf last month was a waste of my time. I did find out thru the inquiry that I’m rated at 100% but, that is the only good thing to come out of it. I also recently called the White House hotline. The email I received a week later is the same information I receive from the 1-800 number. They are of no help. My appeal is also flagged for hardship and has had numerous requests from within the VA to expedite it to no avail of course. Good luck on having your appeal close soon.

acesup,

The crickets are even louder at my house.  Next week marks 11 months since BVA grant.  Ours is at the Atlanta VARO.  So knowing it is a RAMP VARO, what does that mean for us?  It's very frustrating! The only good thing we got out of our WH hotline call was that the rating letter was written on March 30th.  The only good info we have received from our VSO is that the VBMS system says "rating decision complete".  We know our percentage because the judge granted maximum benefit for migraines (50%).  If the rating decision was complete on March 30th, why has it not been implemented in his monthly compensation and retro sent?