VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD C&P this Thursday. A question?

Rate this question

tazntaylr

Question

I have my PTSD claim C&P scheduled for Thursday. The exam was set up by VES. The examiner is a PHd out of Las Vegas/Arizona/CA that does C&P exams.

My question: Can my wife sit in the exam? She knew me before, during, and after the Army. We were married the last few years of service, and after my incidents.

Screkthetank, I was doing a re-evaluation of my rating.  I understand that the doctor states your demeanor, appearance and state of mind but I want him concentrating on my demeanor and evidence.  You can put lipstick (dress well) on a pig and it is still a pig.  What helps carry the day is evidence of you being in continuing care for your PTSD. 

Part of the mission of this website is to give accurate evidence to veterans seeking help with the VA.  As Tbird once stated the VA was concerned to know if we were "prepping" veterans for PTSD claims.  We want to give veterans the best advice we can about dealing with the VA without telling them how to bend the rules.

PTSD exams are performed by doctors who can spot an imitation in a second.  That leads to a denial.      

Edited by vetquest

• HadIt.com Elder

My C&P Examiner was very nice she ask me questions and a  I Answered then honestly, she did tell me she has read my records about my stressors and said she won't be asking me about those  and dig up some bad memories of the past  and get my anxiety going  I said thank you Dr.

..My C&P Lasted about 70 minutes in all,..it was not all that bad  I was jittery a little and felt some anxiety coming on  but I lasted through it and was glad it was over  it was not all that bad  just answer the questions honestly and you should be ok. 

3 hours ago, shrekthetank1 said:

That is great that you got this, but parts of every exam the va gives the doctor states your appearance, demeanor, state of mind, and anything else they see.  The reason vquest stated this is because many of us have been denied, because of trying to be a tough guy and not say it hurts or trying to hard to impress.  Also they can make cases later on to reduce your % based on how much you improved!

As for your wife being there, I think they should allow it.  Also a lay statement from your wife goes a long way!

Can I ask why you are doing a C&P if you were already awarded?

Shrek,

Have not been awarded. Just filed my claim Jan 10. This is my first C&P for that claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think it would be good if you took your wife in with you  they usually will let her come in..she knows you better than anyone and she can speak up during the exam on your behalf. about your behavior and how you are at home  ect,,,ect,,

On 2/4/2019 at 8:03 PM, vetquest said:

Doc, I have to disagree with you on this one.  I wore my Sunday go to meeting clothes and showered and shaved for my appointment and was awarded 70%.  It was the evidence that made my rating.   I can look good but that does not mean I am not a wreck on my bad days. 

I'm compelled to agree with you on the evidence part. It outweighs anything else. I stand corrected.