VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD C&P this Thursday. A question?

Rate this question

tazntaylr

Question

I have my PTSD claim C&P scheduled for Thursday. The exam was set up by VES. The examiner is a PHd out of Las Vegas/Arizona/CA that does C&P exams.

My question: Can my wife sit in the exam? She knew me before, during, and after the Army. We were married the last few years of service, and after my incidents.

Went to the Los Angeles RO and was able to get my medical opinion and DBQ.

At least I don't have so much to worry about. I was DX with PTSD from 1 stressor. DR said other stressor did not meet Criteria A.

Does it matter to be DX for PTSD under 1 stressor or multiple stressors?

Criteria A: Box 1

Criteria B: Box 3

Criteria C; Box 1

Criteria D; Box 5-6

Criteria E: Box 3 and 6. I believe 1 an 2 should have been. In med notes.

Criteria F, G, H: Box 1

Criteria I: Box 1

Symptoms: Box 1-3, 7-8, 18-20, 22 I believe missed #13. In Lay statements

Other symptoms: Yes;

1. issues with authority 2. fear related to work 3. Wife added before Army was normal person (would hang out, had friends, after incident different) not a social person, dissociative for up to a few minutes ( I did not know this before), and that I am tangential (need to look up now) at times. 

Knowing I am officially DX is a big weight lifted. Thank you all for the help in locating records and other information. A huge help.

Claims notice says rating estimate is March 12.

taxntalyr, I am not familiar enough with the exams to tell about the exam/DBQ without seeing it, redacted of course.  I would say that the number of stressors should not matter, it is the symptoms that are caused by the stressor.

Right- and it pays to state the easiest one to verify, first, when asked by VA for stressor info,assuming it falls under the VA's definition of stressor.

Go in there wearing the same clothes for three days straight and obviously sleep in them. Dont bathe. Don’t shave. Control the facial muscles so that that you  have a flattened affect. Tell the examiner that you like to kill animals and keep thinking about killing people and constantly relive your time in vietnam/iraq/ afghanistan. Talk about about the constant panic attacks, anxiety and depression that you have. Make sure to sit in a corner where you can see all exits.......Have an exaggerated hypervugilant reflex  

Yeah, the examiner has never seen this before. You will be sure to pull the wool over their face (dripping sarcasm.) 

Try being authentic and tell the truth. That way you can’t get caught up in lies. 

Edited by dajoker12

This appears to be a 30% rating by what I know.

Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity due to such symptoms
as: flattened affect; circumstantial, circumlocutory, or stereotyped speech; panic attacks
more than once a week; difficulty in understanding complex commands; impairment of shortand
long-term memory (e.g., retention of only highly learned material, forgetting to complete
tasks); impaired judgment; impaired abstract thinking; disturbances of motivation and mood;
difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships ........................ 50
Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent
periods of inability to perform occupational tasks (although generally functioning satisfactorily,
with routine behavior, self-care, and conversation normal), due to such symptoms as: depressed
mood, anxiety, suspiciousness, panic attacks (weekly or less often), chronic sleep
impairment, mild memory loss (such as forgetting names, directions, recent events) ................ 30
Occupational and social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency
and ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress, or;
symptoms controlled by continuous medication ........................................................................... 10
A mental condition has been formally diagnosed, but symptoms are not severe enough either to
interfere with occupational and social functioning or to require continuous medication .............. 0