VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

left TKA 2nd replacement need help in question please

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

I was just awarded 60% total left knee replacement effective 08/01/2019 My first knee replacement was effective on 01/01/2018 at 30% so I was given a 30% increase which brings my rating up to 70% as of right now what I need to know is I also been awarded 100% temp effective 12/01/2018 but as I look at my disability on ebebefits it looks like I will be getting the 100% up until 08/01/2019 then my 70% kicks in after that date let me know if this theory is wrong here is what I was awarded

left total knee replacement 60% Service Connected   08/01/2019

scar s/p TKA revision 

0% Service Connected   06/04/2018

surgical scar s/p TKA revision 

10% Service Connected   06/04/2018
Edited by Rhodesia

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Usually, a 100% temporary  rating is granted only up until you heal ( depends on the surgery) , or when you are allowed to return to work.Then it will revert back to actual residual rating...

5 minutes ago, Richard1954 said:

Usually, a 100% temporary  rating is granted only up until you heal ( depends on the surgery) , or when you are allowed to return to work.Then it will revert back to actual residual rating...

So my surgery for my 2nd knee replacement started on June 4th of 2018 

Well, something is wrong.  You couldnt have been tkr 60 percent benefits from 08/1/2019 because they dont award benefits for disorders that they think you will get in the future (August, 2019).  

Either ebenefits is wrong (likely), you made a typo, or Im up too late reading this and I have no idea what year this is..maybe I slept too long and this is year 2020.  

Anyway, until I figure that out, I have no idea, BUT when you get the envelope you should know whether ebenefits is messed up or not.  

3 hours ago, broncovet said:

Well, something is wrong.  You couldnt have been tkr 60 percent benefits from 08/1/2019 because they dont award benefits for disorders that they think you will get in the future (August, 2019).  

Either ebenefits is wrong (likely), you made a typo, or Im up too late reading this and I have no idea what year this is..maybe I slept too long and this is year 2020.  

Anyway, until I figure that out, I have no idea, BUT when you get the envelope you should know whether ebenefits is messed up or not.  

No not a typo on my part or up late must have been a typo on their part because it does say 60% service connected 08/01/2919 as I look back on my last knee replacement they had it down early too while I was on the 100% temp then they paid me the 30% rating, the VSO was scratching her head why they did that she did call them and the date is effective for 8/01/2019 so like you said have to wait until the letter because she wants to see how they wrote that up but from the 100% temp letter I downloaded on ebenefits it does say 100% effective 12/01/2018 that's the date when by original 100% temp for my 1st knee replacement had ended I did get that for one year because my knee replacement was on 12/16/2016. By the way how did your knee replacement work out.