VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fayetteville AR VAMC_ Massive Misdiagnoses

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I brought this story here last summer and immediately called the WH Hot line on it-

The interim Director wanted to keep this issue as an “isolated” incident.

And it became a critical point in a complaint I filed with the OAWB-but it just got worse.

At that time there were only 3 possible deaths and 7 misdiagnosed veterans who were still alive.

Twelve veterans reportedly died and possibly thousands more were victims of error or misdiagnosis by one physician working at the Fayetteville VA Medical Center.

Formerly called the Veterans Health Care System of the Ozarks, the Fayetteville VA Hospital reported one of its doctors was linked to the deaths resulting from misdiagnosis or error. Overall, the Arkansas-based health system reviewed 33,902 cases showing 3,007 instances of error or misdiagnosis.”

https://5newsonline.com/2019/01/28/va-12-veteran-deaths-may-be-because-of-dismissed-doctor/

The VA allowed this to occur.They had plenty of evidence that this doctor was impaired, probably for years, but continued to allow him to practice medicine.

The full story on this is here under a search.

I believe this doctor  caused the death of Mike Sasser, our hadit  radio show technician.  "3,007 Instances of error or misdiagnosis"

This is an OUTRAGE!!!   And I believe the evidence I have produced via my OAWB complaint will prove how VA allows this crap to occur.

3 answers to this question

This is a good example of why we need Vets choice:  Vets need an alternative when their local VAMC is substandard.  Its already been shown the VA isnt capable of timely fixing this, but, there would be fewer deaths if Vets had some other choice.  

I really dont have choices..its VA way or the Hi way.  If VA really was the quality care they claim in their propoganda, people would voluntariy opt for the VA.  Yes, I do have medicare now that Im over 65, but pretty much all insurance only covers 80 percent..or less.  That is useless.  If I had a catastrophic medical event, costing a million dollars, then it would not matter if I had to pay the whole million or 200,000.  Either would bankrupt my family the same.  This means I have "no choice" but to use the VA no matter what.  Even smaller medical bills add up and my deductable/copays would soon overwhelm me.  

I fix this by staying healthy, eating right and exercise.  My medicare advantage plan, humana (along with others) has a senior sneakers plan.  It allows a health club membership to one or more of the well known national health clubs.  For example, both Planet Fitness and LA Fitness participate in Senior Sneakers and I can go to either at no cost.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
2 hours ago, Berta said:

This is an OUTRAGE!!!   And I believe the evidence I have produced via my OAWB complaint will prove how VA allows this crap to occur.

I posted the header, as the topic , from Ben Krauses article here:

https://www.disabledveterans.org/2019/02/05/massive-malpractice-reported-at-fayetteville-va-3000-instances/

But I got the alert link above at the same time from 5newsonline.The have an online video up on this.

Oddly enough I was going to call their PR person at Fayetteville VA for an update this week because OAWB justsent my case to another department of VA for (hopefully) a resolution, on behalf of ALL vets in the VA Health Care situation.

The pathologist had been a contractor with VA before they hired him.If any of misdiagoses occurred while he was a contractor, the VA is absolved of FTCA/1151, and any adversely affected vet or their survivor would have to sue in Federal Court.But I think his problems started after VA hired him.

Interesting- VA said they sent out 20,000 letters to any veteran who had pathology done by this doctor( the letter is posted here somewhere) but the amount of veterans sure grew.

The woman in the video at 5Newsonline ( widowed due to this malpractice )made a good point- maybe Dr Levy is practicing medicine on vets at a different VAMC-

that was what VA did to the multiple Drs who malpracticed on my husband-most were moved elsewhere in the VA health care system.

Dr Robert Morris Levy. Maybe QTC, VES, or LHI will hire him back as a contracting doctor---:wacko:

No formal charges have been brought against him yet.

If any of you have a feeling that your VA health care is not right- by all means get  a private medical opinion and bring your VA medical records with you.

If the Choice program ever starts to work right, I bet there will be more FTCA/1151 claims filed when a real doctor sees those records.