VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How does the VA check for CAD?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I Might have CAD and not know it? or something like it.?

How does the VA Check this? what is the procedure?

my right big toe has turn purple numb feeling and also feels warm, ? its been this way for over a week now....but not to much pain???

I looked up the cause of purple toes and its frighting   I don't think I injured it? but this started after I cut my toe nail and in one corner I may have cut it out to deep as  it was ingrown and was painful  so I cut that corner out..

well ever sense then my right toe has a purplish color..I been soaking it in hot water with empton salt ....the information I read about it could be some arteries blockages?

Anyone have any suggestion as to what it might be?  I realize were not Dr  but maybe some of you had this problem?

I just seem my PCP 2 weeks ago for 5 monthly check up and all my lab work came back ok with the exception of my Arthritics in my knees which she prescribes me pain medications and my normal aches and pains.

Anyone???

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Sounds like you might have a staph infection. I had the same thing happen while in the service.

Symptoms of CAD are chest pain, shortness of breath, or heart attack.

Are you diabetic?  If you are, you need to seek medical treatment right away.  

Years and years ago, I worked in a nursing home.  One of the long term workers explained:

I asked how you knew if the residents were diabetic.  He responded.."it's easy.  If they are missing a leg, they are diabetic."

Diabetics often lose one or more legs because poor circulation means they cant ward off infection.  

Go to the doc, and dont wait.  Go to the ER if necessary.  

Dont treat this yourself without medical help.  Dont even think about it.  

Get medical help even if you are not diabetic.  You could be and not know it.  And, you can ask them about CAD.  CAD's are better than TOY's, or KIA's, also.  

Edited by broncovet