VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

OPEN CLAIMS STATUS

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

Is there anyone else reading the message The Open Claims feature has moved to VA.gov  on the OPEN CLAIMS section on E-Benefits. I started to see this the other day. I can still see my open claim if i click on Disabilities in e-benefits but the actual open claim button says moved to VA.Gov. Ummm BULLSHIT

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, I have found the same thing.  They did it to ensure correct statuses but now we cannot see anything on open claims.  They are aware of this and working on it.  I personally do not have much confidence at the moment.  Maybe I should stop by and help them reprogram their computer.😋

It makes sense to have "one" website, not 2.  I have no problem with moving stuff from one to the other.  Each website has to be maintained, and secured.  That costs money.  VA has squanderd way too much money on failed IT systems.  I hope this transition is not just another money waster.  We will see.  

I saw the same message whenever I tried to look up the status of my appeals (currently at the bva level); a message in a large font size says  that my opened appeals have moved to va.gov. 

But it is a failed state of affair -- at least in my case. Whenever I log on into va.gov and then look up my opened appeal status, it shows none opened; in other words no currently appeal opened. It shows some old appeals and some oddball closed appeals that at first does not make much sense (it may be  be phases or aspects of my current appeal  or even past appeals that have  been completed; but to my current opened appeal is not shown). By the way, I know that my current appeal is opened because I contacted VA via iris and was informed that there might be  a glitch or malfunction within the webservice and that my appeal is still open (it is an appeal for an early effective date). Now I have no way to check out the status of my appeals.

1 hour ago, tk3000 said:

I saw the same message whenever I tried to look up the status of my appeals (currently at the vel); a message in a large font size says  that oped appeals have moved to . 

But a failed state of affair -- at least in my case. Whenever I log on into va.gov and then look up my opened appeal status, it shows none opened; in. other words no currently appeal opened. It shows some old appeals and some oddball closed appeals that at first does not make much sense (it may be  be or aspects current appeal  or even past appeals that have  been completed; but to my current opened appeal is not shown). By the way, I know that my current appeal is opened because I contacted via iris and wasnformed that there might be  a glitch or malfunction within the and that my appealopen (it is an appeal for an early effective date). Now I have no way to check out the status of my appeals.

TK you can see work in progress on ebenefits by clicking on disabilities. When you get into disabilities you will see claims and you can click on the claim appeal to see the status

Hmm I can see my claim that way.