VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ellis Clinic IMO/IME

Rate this question

wood78221

Question

I know there has been some people asking about the Ellis Clinic and how some of the outcomes were. I am going soon to the clinic and once I get my report/exam back from him, I will file a claim. I will keep everyone posted throughout the process so people can know what the outcome was. 

On 3/29/2019 at 9:16 PM, 63Charlie said:

I just returned from the Ellis Clinic.

I was examined for five medical conditions by Dr. Ellis.

The IME opinions turn around time was about 1 week, from the time of my appointment until the time I received the opinions.

Two of the opinions I received needed tweaking, so I gave the Ellis Clinic a call.

I was told to fax them a detailed letter and Dr. Ellis will review the matter.

I will be submitting relative service treatment records in support of my letter, as the clinic destroys all of the records once Dr. Ellis completes his IME.

I am in the process of preparing my letter and submitting it to them.

I sincerely hope that Dr. Ellis is conducive to making some changes to the opinions that are needed to strengthen my evidence.

Will update results when my inquiry is complete.

Anyone who has had this type of experience is welcome to share their experience and state whether it ended satisfactorily.

I had to reach back out to them as well. 2 day turnaround. They will mail another IMO report to you.

I have decided that I am going to go this route an contact Dr. Ellis and set up an appointment.  It is probably the smart thing to do for those of us that are claiming secondary conditions.  After discussing things with all of my civilian doctors the seem clueless as to what is needed in order to get service connection.  One doctor even said to me it should be obvious.   They seem to be willing to fill out the DBQ but tend to not have an understanding on what is actually needed.  The diagnosis part seems to be easy.  The VA required terminology......not so much.  So I think it is best get an examination from a doctor that can look at all my medical records, give me an exam and help dot all the "i's" and cross all the "t's"

After reading a lot of the posts here and from a couple veteran facebook groups I belong to,  I have zero faith in the VA's "desire" to help me.  There is wealth of information here and I truly am thankful for everything you guys do here.  If I have learned one thing it is this.  When dealing with the VA I am in way over my head.  While I may be intelligent enough to understand what is going on and to see the fallacy in the system it does not mean that fighting it will be a walk in the park.  To me it feels as though I am completing my claim for submission to the BVA instead of to the local office for a rating.

2 minutes ago, JKWilliamsSr said:

I have decided that I am going to go this route an contact Dr. Ellis and set up an appointment.  It is probably the smart thing to do for those of us that are claiming secondary conditions.  After discussing things with all of my civilian doctors the seem clueless as to what is needed in order to get service connection.  One doctor even said to me it should be obvious.   They seem to be willing to fill out the DBQ but tend to not have an understanding on what is actually needed.  The diagnosis part seems to be easy.  The VA required terminology......not so much.  So I think it is best get an examination from a doctor that can look at all my medical records, give me an exam and help dot all the "i's" and cross all the "t's"

After reading a lot of the posts here and from a couple veteran facebook groups I belong to,  I have zero faith in the VA's "desire" to help me.  There is wealth of information here and I truly am thankful for everything you guys do here.  If I have learned one thing it is this.  When dealing with the VA I am in way over my head.  While I may be intelligent enough to understand what is going on and to see the fallacy in the system it does not mean that fighting it will be a walk in the park.  To me it feels as though I am completing my claim for submission to the BVA instead of to the local office for a rating.

It’s a must. The Va providers in my town were told “do not write nexus letters or supporting DBQ’s”. 

2 minutes ago, El Train said:

Well Ladies and Gents, I just got my overdue 100% thanks to Dr. Ellis IME.  Also, there are about 8 more claims deferred.  Most likely these will get approved as well.  What blows me away, is the VA gave me 10% for scars.  After Ellis IME, I got 80% for the same scars.  They just low balled me.  

Keep up the good fight.

Congrats!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulation on the 100%

And maybe more on the way   HOTDOG..... 😉

I went to Ellis Clinic last August for 6 contentions on an appeal. He made a nice detailed report.  Great price for an IMO as I was quoted between 1.5 to 10k from other docs. I also had a great IMO for a PTSD increase from Dr. Valette. Still waiting on the results, been 26 months so far. Glad to hear some success from Ellis Clinic. Congrats! 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use