• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
wood78221

Ellis Clinic IMO/IME

Question

I know there has been some people asking about the Ellis Clinic and how some of the outcomes were. I am going soon to the clinic and once I get my report/exam back from him, I will file a claim. I will keep everyone posted throughout the process so people can know what the outcome was. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, JKWilliamsSr said:

When you submitted your claim and the information from Dr. Ellis did you also upload his Curriculum Vitae?

His credentials are on his exam that you get. Front page 

Edited by wood78221

Just now, wood78221 said:

His credentials are on his exam that you get. Front page 

Ahhhh ok.  Did not know that.  I am working on gathering my information to send him the paperwork.  My hopes is to get an appointment with him sometime within the next couple months.   I am probably looking at July....just will not have the funds for the payment until around then. 

Did your examiner say why your claim was not favorable?

33 minutes ago, JKWilliamsSr said:

Ahhhh ok.  Did not know that.  I am working on gathering my information to send him the paperwork.  My hopes is to get an appointment with him sometime within the next couple months.   I am probably looking at July....just will not have the funds for the payment until around then. 

Did your examiner say why your claim was not favorable?

She said it was natural progression of the condition and not aggravated by burn pits(rhinitis and sinusitis). Ellis says otherwise. 

43 minutes ago, wood78221 said:

She said it was natural progression of the condition and not aggravated by burn pits(rhinitis and sinusitis). Ellis says otherwise. 

Because of that you will win on appeal.  An easy slam dunk to be honest. It is sad that it will actually have to come to an appeal though.  I have been reading a lot where raters are completely ignoring one exam over another.  The assumption I guess is that they have to choose.   Federal does not allow that.  They by law have to side with you UNLESS they can justify it with a legit medical opinion. 

Yeah I hope I don’t have to file an NOD. Surely a DRO would approve before an appeal. Someone needs to file a lawsuit. How the hell does this go on?