VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ellis Clinic IMO/IME

Rate this question

wood78221

Question

I know there has been some people asking about the Ellis Clinic and how some of the outcomes were. I am going soon to the clinic and once I get my report/exam back from him, I will file a claim. I will keep everyone posted throughout the process so people can know what the outcome was. 

I reached out to my VSO and the claim is now in the Prep for notification. They denied my sinusitis and rhinitis but approved IBS at 30 percent. 

So my end result was 

Migraines- 50

Dizziness- Denied

IBS- 30

ED- SMC-K

Rhinitis/Sinus-Denied

So I will file for a HLR on the sinus/rhinitis because i already have a positive medical opinion from the Ellis Clinic. I am now 90 percent from 60 after this claim. End game, was it worth the trip up there, plus 500 dollars for exam, and 110 for the hotel room over night? HELL YES. 

Edited by wood78221

I can say for a fact that Dr. Ellis wasn't expensive.

I guess he had a good mood toward me.

I don't know if Dr.Ellis' opinions are going to result in grants at the BVA.... but it sure is better going to the BVA with favorable nexus letters due to the lying, incompetent, inadequate C&P  medical "opinions" the VA used to deny benefits.

Time will tell.

Sorry for your bad experience with Dr. Ellis.

Edited by 63Charlie

I just made my appointment with the Ellis Clinic.  I am set for September 3rd.  I will let everyone know how it goes. 

I am pretty confident because I am going for issues that the VA clearly screwed up on like my Pes Planus/Plantar Fasciitis and my back issues.    They were in my medical records but the VA stated that there were not.... let me know if your heard that before...LOL

I going for the Nexus and DBQ to strengthen what I feel is a strong case for benefits but I just don't trust the VA to do right by me. 

On 6/11/2019 at 8:00 PM, MarkP said:

How did it turn out? I had gone up in April. He sent the NEXUS letter back and I requested some changes and corrections. His office staff kept putting me off when I began to question some things. They told me to put my concerns in an email and send it to him. He basically ignored me and his staff would try to get me off the phone as soon as they knew I wanted some sort of answers. Long story short he overcharged me. Refused to answer my questions. Told me I had to fly back up there if I wanted more information in the NEXUS letter. I told his staff I could care less about the money and that I just needed a solid letter to provide the VA. So this past Monday I call up and ask if they were even going to acknowledge my questions or not. If not I'll press on and submit my stuff with the VA. The receptionist told me again the doctor (ELLIS) would be "on it". Yesterday I receive a message on my answering machine from Dr. Ellis berating me for the questions I was asking, told me that he wasn't going to refund my money even though he overcharged me, that if I didn't like it he'd reimburse me my entire money and said he would then write the VA a letter rescinding my NEXUS letter, then cussed me, and hung up the phone. My wife and daughter who heard the message were aghast at his demeanor.   Maybe he had a bad day. I don't know. All I'm saying is if you are going to take the time to fly in to see him you best ask a lot of questions. He did rant about charging a low fee, etc. Personally, I would of paid thousands of dollars for a good solid letter. I just needed a good, authoritative medically sound letter.  I would have paid whatever. Ellis seems to be unhinged at times. Just make sure you know what you're getting and ask a lot of questions. I did my research and it appeared he was well recommended. For the record, I do have the message on my answering machine saved with him screaming, cussing me and hanging up. Not something you'd expect from a professional medical doctor.  Take care! 

I am really trying to understand this because I have been in contact with the Ellis Clinic a lot over the past several months while I prepared my package to send in.  Every time I called I did not have a single issue getting someone on the phone and I have called and talked to them more than 10 times.  Every time I spoke to them they were courteous and professional.   Today's call was to see if they received my paperwork and they acknowledged they did. I sent it in a week ago and I understood that it could take two weeks to get a call back to schedule an appointment.  I just wanted to make sure the received it.  The person I spoke to pulled my paperwork out and said that they are going through them and should get back to me before the end of the day.  They called me back an hour later to set the appointment and they had an opening in August that I took.   After I got off the phone I realized I screwed up and could not make it on that day.  So I called them back and explained it all to them and they were very accommodating and rescheduled the appointment for me without any issues.   

I have not been able to find a single person on this forum or the 2 facebook groups (closed veterans groups) I am on to say anything negative about Dr. Ellis and his staff.  Everyone that has commented on him talk about how great he and his staff is. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use