VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ellis Clinic IMO/IME

Rate this question

wood78221

Question

I know there has been some people asking about the Ellis Clinic and how some of the outcomes were. I am going soon to the clinic and once I get my report/exam back from him, I will file a claim. I will keep everyone posted throughout the process so people can know what the outcome was. 

9 hours ago, USMCVet13 said:

If you don't mind OP, can I ask if anyone knows whether Dr. Ellis will do an IMO without you going to their office. I don't think I'll be able to make it to his office before my appeal is due (June), but I'd like to submit the appeal with a good IMO.

I think it’s def worth calling and asking. They seem extremely flexible and willing to assist. 

On 2/17/2019 at 7:44 AM, wood78221 said:

I think it’s def worth calling and asking. They seem extremely flexible and willing to assist. 

I disagree!

Either book the flight or don't. It would be highly scrutinized if you paid for Dr. Ellis and it said over the phone exam. None of us had an over the telephone exam when we entered military service.

Dr. Ellis does physical exams while other physicians do opinions.

Just to give you a head's up, any IME from an out of state examiner, especially a "frequent flier" is always a red flag and will be highly scrutinized; it is at the rater's discretion whether or not they opt to even use it.  Buyer beware. 

14 minutes ago, dajoker12 said:

Just to give you a head's up, any IME from an out of state examiner, especially a "frequent flier" is always a red flag and will be highly scrutinized; it is at the rater's discretion whether or not they opt to even use it.  Buyer beware. 

They have to consider it by law, as long as it’s reasonable. 

14 hours ago, wood78221 said:

They have to consider it by law, as long as it’s reasonable. 

Raters often fail to consider all types of favorable evidence.

It makes their job easier to deny claims.

That is why the BVA is clogged with appeals.

If a rater grants a claim, then the rater has managers(VSCM) at the RO breathing down their necks.

There are rules within rules in the ROs that are NOT on the books anywhere.

Just the way they play the game, at manager's discretion, not really rater's discretion.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use