VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ellis Clinic IMO/IME

Rate this question

wood78221

Question

I know there has been some people asking about the Ellis Clinic and how some of the outcomes were. I am going soon to the clinic and once I get my report/exam back from him, I will file a claim. I will keep everyone posted throughout the process so people can know what the outcome was. 

20 hours ago, Banarep said:

I went to Dr. Ellis a year ago, turned in his report, 4 buddy letters, two nexus letters from physical therapist and chiropractor, DBQ from a psych doctor and was turned down on almost every thing I claimed.  In the middle of a reconsideration with another buddy letter, nexus from my doctor referencing all my claims, 3DBQ's and 3 additional nexus letters and one more DBQ psych evaluation and copies of VA medical notes of diagnosis for PTSD and adjustment disorder.  We shall see.

At this point I'm turning it over to a law firm.  Seems like you have done everything and they are pissed about it.  I would think a law firm would love an easy case like this.  You've done all the medical work for them.

2 hours ago, El Train said:

I see what you are saying.  In my case they did.  Because I meet the 3 pillars.  I guess some file with no evidence (no pillars).  Auto denied, no C&P.  I stand corrected.

With a lot of Veterans that knme what they are doing, have treatment/injuries documented in service, current diagnosis and a continuity of treatment, they will in almost all circumstances get sent out for an exam. Hearing loss and tinnitus have an even lower threshold for being sent out. Secondary contentions have a lower threshold than direct service contentions for being sent out for exams. Re opens are what get most people. Most people that file for re open either submit nothing, regurgitated material that is already of record or new material that is not of record. I know it can be frustrating, but realize that we are bound by rules and regulations. I always give the Veteran the benefit of the doubt, but some simply refuse to do the research. VA workers don’t get any preference when it comes to claims. We just know how the system works and how to present everything in the best way possible. I submitted my first claim w/ 8 contentions and was SC for all 8 w/ a rating at 90% and that was just for contentions that I was seeking direct service connection. for. My second claim was all secondary w/ 7 other contentions and I was sc for all of them and would have made 100% SC with three of them, but it is always good to have a safety margin in case any go down. It can be done. However, I can tell you that between collecting all of my evidence, writing up all of my support of claims, gathering all of my buddy statements (had a total of 13), doing all of my private dbqs w/ medical opinions etc, I easily spent 60-70 hours on my initial claim. I am going to venture and say 60-70 hours of time spent by someone that thoroughly knkwa what they’re doing is substantially more effective than someone who has. moderate inkling as to what they’re doing that spent three to four times that long. It takes a lot of work and know how. For instance, w/ PTSD, I had it diagnosed by three different people and had all of the documentation submitted well before I ever went for my initial PTSD exam. 

dajoker, that is all well and good.  Unfortunately most of us vets have the assistance of a VSO who might know what he is doing.  We do not all have the experience of someone inside the system and it takes us a while to get it right.  Throw in a complicated case and a neurologist or two who are trying to save the VA money and we are sunk before we ever get our ship out of port.  The VA closed that neurology department by the way.  We wind up having to pay a lawyer 20% of our award dated back ten years when it should have been completed by the RO right the first or second time, so our kid would have had a chance at college.  I am not trying to be nasty, it is just that on the other side of the fence there are a lot of veterans getting treated like they are dirt.

On 2/16/2019 at 8:53 PM, USMCVet13 said:

If you don't mind OP, can I ask if anyone knows whether Dr. Ellis will do an IMO without you going to their office. I don't think I'll be able to make it to his office before my appeal is due (June), but I'd like to submit the appeal with a good IMO.

I did my exam last month with Dr. Ellis. No they will not do an IMO with only your records. 

For what he is charging get the plane ticket, get a one night hotel and fly home the next day.  It's good money spent and worth the investment. 

9 hours ago, MrStryker said:

I did my exam last month with Dr. Ellis. No they will not do an IMO with only your records. 

For what he is charging get the plane ticket, get a one night hotel and fly home the next day.  It's good money spent and worth the investment. 

This is what I am thinking. I took the chance. 

On 2/20/2019 at 8:30 PM, Banarep said:

, two nexus letters from physical therapist and chiropractor,

I am honestly not sure how much weight these will hold. From my research, they only want IMO's from a NP, PA, MD/DO or PhD/Psyd (mental). Now, I could be wrong, but that is what I have gathered. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use