VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ellis Clinic IMO/IME

Rate this question

wood78221

Question

I know there has been some people asking about the Ellis Clinic and how some of the outcomes were. I am going soon to the clinic and once I get my report/exam back from him, I will file a claim. I will keep everyone posted throughout the process so people can know what the outcome was. 

16 hours ago, El Train said:

Curriculum Vitae?  Would that be his front page of his IME?  Or does he have a whole separate sheet outlining his Curriculum Vitae?  That would be nice to hand the VA C&P doc I'm seeing next week.  Thanks.

Back when I got my IME from him in 2015, it was not included.  I looked him up and uploaded the information on his background to the VA to support my claims.  I had already been shot in the back by a Nurse Practitioner who worked as a contractor for Veterans Evaluation Services and I wanted to make sure that the VA couldn't ignore the qualifications comparison.

Mark

They might try to.  I was messed over by a VA neurologist some years ago and had another neurologist write up an IMO.  I went straight to BVA and was granted, as the BVA judge said "it is like sandlot baseball, the tie goes to the runner."  It helped that the neurologist cited recent studies that backed up his claim.

On 2/21/2019 at 10:06 PM, MrStryker said:

I did my exam last month with Dr. Ellis. No they will not do an IMO with only your records. 

For what he is charging get the plane ticket, get a one night hotel and fly home the next day.  It's good money spent and worth the investment. 

With my schedule, I don't have the time to do that before my NOD is due. I'll just submit what I have.

Thanks for the replies.

20 hours ago, MarkInTexas said:

Back when I got my IME from him in 2015, it was not included.  I looked him up and uploaded the information on his background to the VA to support my claims.  I had already been shot in the back by a Nurse Practitioner who worked as a contractor for Veterans Evaluation Services and I wanted to make sure that the VA couldn't ignore the qualifications comparison.

Mark

It is on there now. I just got mine not long ago. 

Interesting enough about this claim, my completion date is set to March 20.2019. I only have one exam scheduled for migraines. I am wondering if this a good or bad thing. I expected them to reach out for more exams trying to counter the IMO-IME. I have 5 claims.

As I am to understand the VA is not supposed to send you to a C&P to get negative evidence if there is already positive (IMO) evidence in your favor.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use